Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tuning section FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE?!?!?!

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
I'd first like to start by posting this search link:

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/search?searchid=1561966&pp=25

Take notice of how many "ebay performance chip" threads there are on the first page. Then you can do a search for "memcal" and "eprom" too and it would bring up a heap of threads.

In the last week, there have been about 4 different threads posted up reguarding bloody Egay "performance" chips. I think alot of us are getting sick of typing "Pm Greenfoam" and "Try buying one off nicefrog via Ebay". It seems there is someone new each week who doesn't do a search and look this crap up!

As suggested a while ago by a few members, could we maybe open up a tuning section? Doctor Bob and Jason could have a thread each on how to contact them via Ebay, Email OR PM, there could be threads on how to learn to tune yourself, step by step instructional thread on how to use an eprom burner yourself, best tunes for VN - VS V6 and V8's, a BLOODY WARNING THREAD ON BUYING RANDOM EBAY "PERFORMANCE" MEMCALS, and peoples experiences with different tunes on different engines, dyno sheet threads on before and after tunes etc.

I think there would be enough content to warrant opening up a tuning section, not to mention it would ease the mods jobs of having to lock each new thread that pops up weekly on Ebay performance chips.

Maybe even start a poll in the Pub or the Poll section and see how many people are interested, it's really getting beyond a joke at how many of these "are those Ebay performance chips any good?" threads, and also maybe we could post this in the tuning section too:

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/pub/56362-cop-chip-reality.html

There is an awful lot of "cop chip" threads too. They all need to be told that cop chips are made from unicorn horns in a magical land, far far away :)

It would ease the moderators job if this was all contained in one section and appointing a moderator JUST for that section too.

Please give this some thought and feedback, i really think it would be worth doing. Thanks guys :thumbsup:

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
Bravo Coby BRAVO!

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Thanks Tristan!

Not to mention this way it might put less stress on Jason, as he could make a sticky thread stating that if he doesn't reply to anyone straight away to not make a thread in the Pub asking how to reach Greenfoam or "has Greenfoam stooged me". He could have one thread, stating a few basic tunes he can do, how well they will work on each car if that car has been kept in good running order and serviced regulary, rough prices, to not crack it if he takes a while to respond, his Ebay details etc etc.

All up we might have less threads on Ebay chips, eproms, memcals and cop chips (lol) less threads on how why Greenfoam isn't replying to people's PM's, the mods would have less work to do locked and deleting threads in mainly the VN VP VG VQ section and the VR VS section, and Bob and Jason would have less hassles from people reguarding tunes.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
It has been suggested before and denied.

As for the advertising of greenfoam stuff etc, again, he is not a site sponsor, so no advertising should be taking place without prior permission sought from Darren, the fact these threads have stayed open is really mods being very lenient.
While this ebay threads pop up, rather then reply, just report them. Many new users do not know they exist...older members should know better.

There is a general/V6/V8 and LSx section specifically for these sorts of questions Just Commodores - Holden Commodore Discussion Forum creating another section would just be duplicating an already existing area.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Maybe they could be merged to one section. Maybe have STRAIGHT 6, V6, V8 and LSX sub section under the tuning section. It might clean up the forum home page by compressing a few sections down, and more threads and sections relating to certain issues etc could be added.

Let's just say for a second Darren DID allow any kind of Greenfoam details to be posted due to tuning, would it be worth doing? Why should the mods have to lock and delete so many threads when it could be avoided?

I'm not challenging mods authority or starting an arguement here or anything like that either, just trying to get a few answers on a few questions. Also why was it denied last time?

Cheers :thumbsup:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Maybe they could be merged to one section. Maybe have STRAIGHT 6, V6, V8 and LSX sub section under the tuning section. It might clean up the forum home page by compressing a few sections down, and more threads and sections relating to certain issues etc could be added.

They are in its own section, right above the for sale section:

General Discussion,

Straight 6 Development And Modification,

V6 Development And Modification,

V8 Development and Modification,

LS1/2 Development and Modification

The fact people do not use this section as it is intended says it would be pointless creating ANOTHER section for tuning, as the section isn't used correctly as it is.

Let's just say for a second Darren DID allow any kind of Greenfoam details to be posted due to tuning, would it be worth doing? Why should the mods have to lock and delete so many threads when it could be avoided?

I don't know if it would be worth doing, what benefit is it to JC? That is something both Jason and Darren would need to discuss. As for locking threads/deleting threads, even creating a tune section the same will happen, we created the dev and mod section specifically for this and it did nothing. We added a "Check if already posted" option, still happens. So no matter what we do, unless we moderate every single thread, it will keep happening.

Also why was it denied last time?

Because the section already exists here: Just Commodores - Holden Commodore Discussion Forum

Nanos

Not a Mod
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII LS1 Berlina Wagon
i think that a tuning section would be a good idea.

ls1 forum has and a few others do as well. It would be a good place for guys out there that do there own tuning to swap ideas and details. It would also be good to educate those that are thinking about starting to tune there own car.

i do not see why it would be big problem. Yes there are sections relating to models etc... but this would make it easier to find info on tuning. There is main section on non car related things such as the lan lounge so i do not see why adding a car spacific tuning section would be a issue.

currently if i want to find information regarding ls1 tuning i go to another site, if i need to research and other form of tuning i go to another site.

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
im very much with coby on this, but i can understand why admin dont want advertising. Could we compromise? Have a tuning section with all these threads in it. But not have a sections for Dr. BOB, Green foam etc. But let word of mouth do the work for them?

Its really just to de clutter and give people a place to look for the info they need. They wont even need to search for it because they will have 3000 threads telling them that ebay induction chips are bad.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
i think that a tuning section would be a good idea.

ls1 forum has and a few others do as well. It would be a good place for guys out there that do there own tuning to swap ideas and details. It would also be good to educate those that are thinking about starting to tune there own car.

i do not see why it would be big problem. Yes there are sections relating to models etc... but this would make it easier to find info on tuning. There is main section on non car related things such as the lan lounge so i do not see why adding a car spacific tuning section would be a issue.

currently if i want to find information regarding ls1 tuning i go to another site, if i need to research and other form of tuning i go to another site.

Just Commodores - Holden Commodore Discussion Forum

If it will make people happier we will change the title to Modification, Development and Tuning...although would seem pointless as most people see development and modifications as tuning etc.