Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Twin Turbo Vr V6 PCV issues

Chris E

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Executive 3.8
I've just got my twin turbo vr v6 up and running, but having an issue with an oil leak. It's near the oil filter and I've checked and re done all the oil fittings etc. After a lot of thinking/reading I finally clicked that I need to modify the PCV system as I'm pressurising the intake now so the crankcase can't vent the pressure thats building up, and the oil is now forcing its way out of the sump gasket.

So I'm wondering, Do I just remove the PCV valve from the intake manifold, Thread a hose barb in and plumb it back into the intake?

Any help or opinions greatly appreciated.

dirt drifter

white trash hillbillie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L M6 VS 6L M6
i wouldnt run without a pcv, oil in the air/fuel mix can cause pinging apparently, last thing u want with a blown setup.

catch can or a decent oil/air separator would be the go

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
dissconnect the hose from the manifold to the throttlebody and either extend it to the intake pipe to the turbo the legal way and run the pcv in the front of the manifold under the bolt head.block the pipe fitting on the throttlebody.i never leave the pcv under the bolt i take it out crimp the end and fold it over on itself and put it back in making it sealed cause they can flow a lot of boost into your crankcase oring sealed ones are availiable from the states would be a good buy and then it can be emmissions legit.if you block it you need a breather in the drivers side rocker cover as well one most likely wont be enough at high boost

Chris E

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Executive 3.8
Thanks delco thats what I was looking for. So disconnect the hose between the manifold and tb, crimp shut PCV valve and tap a breather into right hand side rocker cover, to easy. Emissions don't worry me, the car isn't a road car anymore.

I'll save starting a new thread and ask here, how are all the turbo fellas getting vacuum for the brake booster? I've thought about running it infront of one of the turbos but not sure if there is enough vacuum there/ to much on full boost. Or finding an electric vac pump and hooking that up.

Also what sort of timing advance is usual for these set ups? I'm going to get it dyno tuned but would like to know a ballpark figure. Currently its sitting on 18 degrees BTDC at idle, just seems a bit high to me.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
i allways just leave brake booster vacuam where they are in the inlet manifold it has a non-return valve on the booster to hold vacuam its more than enough to stop boost going in the booster