Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ultimate alloytec failure...

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
I am unaware of the thread you're reading. But last i read he owned an Alloytec.

So ill say it again. L67 is where it's at.

10 grand into a VY L67 would see you in the low 12's i'd reckon

Intercooler, Boost, Cam, LSD, Tune, Exhaust, Auto and your ready to destroy some tyres

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
yeah your probably right.. you hope to see that figure... but your also throwing 10 grand at a car that is almost 10 years old... when **** starts breaking it gets expensive...

Dz811

Just some p-plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6
I hate to say it, but you can get superchargers for the Alloytec for around the 6k mark.

Not entirely accurate, because along with that you will need an exhaust upgrade, a clutch upgrade and lots of tuning. Maybe a CAI, intercooler etc...

The manual gearboxes aren't the toughest things either, and the Diff will eventually go... Not to mention the added wear on the engine....

It's definitely not just 6k....

Plus, forced induction isnt fuel or P-Plate friendly either

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
It's always funny how people replace things that don't increase performance as such and expect it to actually make the car faster. Most of those mods won't make any difference to the actual acceleration or speed of the car.

Could have saved a bucket load of cash and just fitted extractors, high flow cats, a decent exhaust and modified the air box and gotten a tune. Leave the rest, all bling as far as I'm concerned.

Dz811

Just some p-plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6
It's always funny how people replace things that don't increase performance as such and expect it to actually make the car faster. Most of those mods won't make any difference to the actual acceleration or speed of the car.

Could have saved a bucket load of cash and just fitted extractors, high flow cats, a decent exhaust and modified the air box and gotten a tune. Leave the rest, all bling as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe you don't have the best memory.....

I got my exhaust off you?....

Regardless, I did what you just said, plus more... and it did NOTHING

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
Maybe you don't have the best memory.....

I got my exhaust off you?....

Regardless, I did what you just said, plus more... and it did NOTHING

well you only got a catback which is half the exhaust... if you were chasing extra power why would you upgrade coil packs and leads before extractors and to a lesser degree high flow cats?? If your gonna get a tune why would you not get extractors

seems you just bought stuff because it looked pretty rather than the fact it would actually help the power output

Also did your clutch need replacing or did you just replace your clutch for the sake of it?? cause theres no point changing the clutch unless you've actually got a reason i.e: worn clutch or more power than the current one will handle

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
i would replace the clutch regardless.. the standard dual mass fly wheel is rubbish, they designed to wear out and slip, helps the retards who cannot drive from stalling the vehicle which long term can cause considerable problems.

Further on Exhaust.. unless your increasing intake considerably, ie Forced Induction, any exhaust will not make considerable gains anywhere, especially a cat back which generates noise. full exhaust upgrade on a standard v6 may give you increased acceleration, nothing that you will be able to feel how ever. Mostly Placebo, ie it says ive gained 3 rwkw, damn sure i can feel that..

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Just replacing the exhaust in itself will improve acceleration and economy, which is what I would have told you. I wouldn't have said to replace all that you have done.

I would have also said that fitting extractors and high flow cats would make more improvements.

Changing the exhaust does make a noticeable gain you can feel, but not a great deal of difference on a dyno.