Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Uniacidz Ride VX SS Monaro Themed

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Red LCDs ftw! That a factory steering wheel or?

Still factory wheel. Just bought a $3.99 cover and you pull the stitches together
Easiest mod ever, took a hour.
From this post here

And daytime pics here

Done back in Feb 2017 so can see still is as good as the day i installed it.

No slipping, no movement, nice and tight and thats how we like it

Just got a pink slip and deciding if to wash the car at the moment, supposed to rain Tuesday so what a shame, might have to postpone to next weekend.
Shucks

And its cold 6c frakkkkkk

skappascrap

Herp is for the derp.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VY SV8
Not bad. The problem you'll find with LED's is that they're much brighter.
For example the VY onwards have LED's for their clusters, I had my LCD LED's changed from green to red (because red goes faster) and the red ones are might brighter than the factory white ones behind the gauges.

Any particular reason for the stuffing that is behind the cluster and dash or just because?
I might have to try the 2 stroke sometime and see for myself how it goes.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Not bad. The problem you'll find with LED's is that they're much brighter.
For example the VY onwards have LED's for their clusters, I had my LCD LED's changed from green to red (because red goes faster) and the red ones are might brighter than the factory white ones behind the gauges.

Any particular reason for the stuffing that is behind the cluster and dash or just because?
I might have to try the 2 stroke sometime and see for myself how it goes.

Yeh not a fan of LEDs even though used to make and do LED blue conversion Trip Computers for EF-EL Falcons for the lower end variants like the pic below which is one of em. Plug and play into any falcon and would have the trip computer working even in variants not deigned for it.
clock4.jpg

LED too bright unless its diffused, and the halogen globes are the ones i bought from Jaycar and rigged into place in the neo wedge caps

Did end up washing the beast, then went out Saturday night and during the night being so cold, condensation all over it
Sigh.

As for the stuffing, was a sound reducing stuff i had a while back, fills in the gaps, slightly quieter ride and also wrapped up some wire looms with it for therefore no rattles.

2c right now. Eek

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Halogen > LED any day, LED is too bright.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Battery Woes

Fuckkkkkkkkk me

The SSB battery wasnt seated right during its life in the car and the clamp too tight, in a nutshell lost some fluid from inside it and being on hilled parking, hardly turn over.

Took it apart to see if salvagable, and in reality it wasnt but took apart anyway.

Its ok now, sealed up again but really as a emergency battery only

Whilst below battery was apart, used backup battery which is shocking and doesnt hold charge anymore to get to Bunnings and thats where i got stuck.
Parked, check car can start itself and did, 15mins later come back to car and wont turn over
NRMA jump start, got home, and called Repco and picked it up, left car running and locked with spare key in parking lot.

EfNPnRO.jpg

lHK5r1l.jpg

Got a Supercharge Gold Plus battery from Repco. The stores now sell the brand and luckily only couple days ago found the sale price on them, 25% off

So got the Supercharge MF51 Gold Plus for $129.75 and that is by far the cheapest I have seen the thing.
40 Months warranty also so late November 2020 is when will run out. Receipt is now safe lol.

650 CCA and 107 mins RC.

sEUJXXf.jpg

Starts Thu, 20 Jul. 2017 - Ends Sun, 30 Jul. 2017
INTRO OFFER. BIGGER RANGE, MORE CHOICE, MORE BATTERY SOLUTIONS. NEW. VALUE RANGE. We now stock Supercharge Batteries to complement our extensive battery range. Supercharge Batteries offer a quality product at a value price.

9wmCGMj.jpg

9zqTPgx.jpg

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Highway Patrol NSW
Arrogant assumptive ass

Did a U-Turn at break in driving strip with no signage, pulled over and had a mini difference of opinion.

Coppers passed the area twice to get to me and still adament a sign was there and even told to go back and check.

So was fined 11 July 557pm, took photos at 601pm and confirmed no signs and also went back in daylight.

Fine arrived 21st July, submitted for review same day and 26th July letter in mail saying NSW Police cancelling the fine.

Was going to go to court and everything but gotta admit, the review process was so fast
Literally 3 working days from submission to response.

If you know you are right, evidence and fight it cos was going to be a $257 and 2 demerits

yOtL0Yg.jpg

55o5jEr.jpg

TNL5UPm.jpg

fQ9jN8O.jpg

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Washer bottle.

Finally found the noise over bumps and such.
Washer bottle broken away the bracket from bottle to body of vehicle and flipping around as was the wheel arch inner guard.

Even had tyre rub marks on it and wear marks.

Dodgy looking job, but stronger then before.

Used epoxy JB Weld and a new credit card that came in the mail from prior resident of this place whom after two years still hast changed mailing address.
So heated up the card and bent to shape stuck on with JB Weld everywhere on underside with card and few other places.

Dodgy as hell, but never seen and stronger.

gLLZ4k6.jpg

oNwUvLT.jpg

ugjW5lV.jpg

dr364

The Dollar Dazzler
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV ute, VT Berlina, Cruze SRi-Z
Good on you fighting the fine, sounds like you got lucky with the quick turnaround becuase I know my mum had to wait weeks for her fine to get cancelled (dick copper wrongly saying she overtook on double unbroken lines).

Nice pick up on the battery too