Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Upgrading VE Stock Speakers - How To

agsryd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SV6 Sportswagon
has anyone made a subwoofer box to suit the sportswagon? im looking of making one on the drivers side rear near the wheel arch... i see there are fibreglass ones for 299 on ebay
cheers

mkeech

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE my12 sportwagon
What a thread !! hope a few guru's a still around keeping an eye on it , ok my question is - i have a 2011 ve my12 Sportwagon , my plan is to replace the front and rear door speakers with Mb quart (the old good ones) add a Alpine PDX-V9 to run these and an Alpine 12 sub in the back (boxed) so i can remove it when space is an issue .... Dynamat front and rear doors and keep original head ... Sorry , here is the actual question - Is it really worth running front and rear upgrades ? big difference ? in all my other wagons i have only fitted front MB speakers and the sub in the back I just happen to have two good sets .

exciteautomotice

Reaction score
Members Ride
sam
I'm adding a amp for my subs in my holden ve i was just stuck on which wires i would need to spice into

AZ_SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SSV
Just did the Sub woofer hack ( swapped polarity) and adjusted the amp. Have to say WOW, what a difference!!!!
Took longer for the soldering iron to warm up then it did to do the job!! Also just pulled back the carpet covering the amp and put my hand under the amp to adjust. did not need to remove anything!
if your thinking about doing this....DO IT!

AZ_SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SSV
What a thread !! hope a few guru's a still around keeping an eye on it , ok my question is - i have a 2011 ve my12 Sportwagon , my plan is to replace the front and rear door speakers with Mb quart (the old good ones) add a Alpine PDX-V9 to run these and an Alpine 12 sub in the back (boxed) so i can remove it when space is an issue .... Dynamat front and rear doors and keep original head ... Sorry , here is the actual question - Is it really worth running front and rear upgrades ? big difference ? in all my other wagons i have only fitted front MB speakers and the sub in the back I just happen to have two good sets .

Might as well add an amp while your at it mate, considering your already doing all the hard work.

Noni_sk8er

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve omega s1
Hi all ,, I'm planning to install a after market double din in a omega Ve 2008 .. I have the pannel ,, but not sure about the wiring for the aircon ,, bought the pannel used one ,, and also wire for the steering wheel controls ,, I can post few pics as well ,, thanks all

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 432
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 414
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 365
Last edited:

Noni_sk8er

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve omega s1
This pannel seems to be a dual climate control and the car has single climate control ,, last picture is from the factory head unit plug ,,I can manage the head unit wiring ,, thanks

ShinWow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV 6.2L Manual
"Quasi climate control" hahaha, nice. Where did you get it from?

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sting SV Black Edition Tourer
Awesome write up and I've just bought speakers to change. I've watched a video in regards to removing the rear door cards and it looks ridiculously easy. But the video for the fronts makes mention about being careful with the front ones and a seal.

Any tips?

henrytad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SS 6.2L
Has anyone installed speakers in the rear parcel shelf? If so. How?