Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 Conversion For Vb To Vk

jpetrou

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL EFI/ Monaro CV8
Appreciate your help VK SL 3800, I guess it's a case of speaking to the right people. Just a couple of questions, are you happy with the performance of your VK ? Has your fuel economy improved ?

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Im happy with mine, it goes really well, but dont expect it to become a supercar like everyone else seems to think it will after converting to the V6. Yours will go a little better again with an Ecotec, should be nice to drive. Fuel economy i get around 10l to 11 per hundred with a heavy foot round town. On a trip to Melbourne i averaged around 7L per hundred. I would recommend upgrading the brakes while your at it with a VT front end and master with VS booster, that way you have plenty of stopping power which i feel is most important.

jpetrou

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL EFI/ Monaro CV8
Thanks once again, the brakes I am running are front VL/VN V8 disc rotors and standard rear discs, with a 1 inch master cylinder and heavy duty brake booster from V8 models.

a9er

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk berlina
going to do the vn v6 conversion in my vk just waiting to hear about a donor car. want to strip vk completely for painting purposes & rust removal.
can all the wireing in the vk be replaced from with vn wiring as looking at either complete dash cut to size or just fascia,will tail lights still work of later wiring same as headlights.
thanks for all the info from past posts as alot of helpful info.

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
you could but there is a lot more work and all your heater and AC plugs lights ect dont match up/ plug/ work, as well as the intermittent wipers and all that stuff.

a9er

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk berlina
thanks am thinking of complete change over including all dash and interior,steering column and all as only have one key for berlina but in so bad a conditon can't get re-cut also looking at doing a door handle replacement as i like the flush look.

hellsvk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk 202
hey guys,im doing this conversion as well,im using a full vn donor car but the k frame is a lil bent,can i use vp/vr or even vs or does if have to be vn ?

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
VN-VS i believe will fit, definitely VN & VP for sure but im certain VR and VS are the same too.

hellsvk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk 202
cheers mate,ive been following your thread on your vk,very very nice,how does she go?

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Goes pretty good, very happy with it, currently off the road replacing the tank as it has conveniently decided to leak with my rego due in less then 2 weeks grrrrrrrrr.