Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vbulletin 4 forum upgrade TECHNICAL problems - post here

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
When submitting a new time for chopper challenge it sends me to the forum home pg with no submitted notification, I check the leaderboard and nothing, both in firefox and IE, always showed instantly on other games???

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Ok, I've got one.

When I am typing a new post and I've typed enough that the scrollbar is there, the post window starts to get a bit jumpy.

As in if I use the scrollbar to scroll to the bottom of what I've writted it will randomly jump to the top, and the only way i can get to the bottom of the text is by moving the typing '|' thing using the down arrow key.

This happens in IE mainly, haven't noticed it in FireFox.

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
Hey guys, I'm sure by now you've all noticed that the selected state for the navigation tabs sits too high and looks tacky.
Rather than complaining about it, I've just fixed it for you - just use update this code in your stylesheets and it will display properly.

Heres what you have now (main-rollup.css)
Code:
.navtabs li.selected a.navtab {
	color:#111111;
	background:#7EBBE0 url(http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/images/gradients/selected-tab-gradient-with-top-alpha.png) repeat-x  ;
        _background-image:none;
	position:relative;
	top:-4px;
	padding-top:4px;
	z-index:10;
}

Here is the updated code for that class (just find it in your the stylesheet and replace it with this one.

Code:
.navtabs li.selected a.navtab {
	color:#111111;
	background:#7EBBE0 url(http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/images/gradients/selected-tab-gradient-with-top-alpha.png) repeat-x 0 -4px ;
        _background-image:none;
	position:relative;
	z-index:10;
}

I think someone may have tried to fix it by adding in the padding-top:4px, but this is ineffective. I've removed the un-needed padding and instead moved the background image and the tab its-self down 4px to fit inline with the rest of the navigation. Give me a shout if you need anymore help with the site... I am a web developer after all.

If you like I'll post a pic of what it is now and what the updated code will change it too... but it's pretty straight forward.

vk.jonno

:):):)
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore, hq one tonner, hj ute,
my forum is all over the place today. cant even work it...

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
vk.jonno: what does your forum being all over the place today have to do with this thread, given it relates to forum upgrade issues 7 months ago?

vk.jonno

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk.jonno: what does your forum being all over the place today have to do with this thread, given it relates to forum upgrade issues 7 months ago?

well.. if u looked above my post. i didnt bring this 7 month old thread back up.
it was just a statement that the forum is all over the place toady.

vk.jonno

Reaction score
Members Ride
Not to mention, wtf are we supposed to do about it if you wont even say whats wrong.

sorry.... but, please show me where i asked someone to fix it?

vk.jonno

Reaction score
Members Ride