Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vbulletin 4 forum upgrade TECHNICAL problems - post here

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Nah it's okay. Clearly the VB4 programmers were using FF themselves, so IE is a secondary concern for them. lol fanboys. Don't stress, it'll come together with time I suppose :)

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
re: the wrapping, that is due to the seo/icon set. Cant fix it without removing those icons. Have asked Darren if we _NEED_ them, will let you know. Until then, run a higher res :p

Chirpstr

A new project attack
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina M5, VP M5
Ok, I see you have put the VB4 default style option but can you put the old one back on? Is there a way even though the versions been changed? I don't come back on as much now :cry:

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
Ok, I see you have put the VB4 default style option but can you put the old one back on? Is there a way even though the versions been changed? I don't come back on as much now :cry:

as all the previous posts about forum skins have said, unless someone converts the whole old skin to vb4 spec, it cant work with vb4, and thus, cant be chosen.

Chirpstr

A new project attack
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina M5, VP M5
and you wont do that because you hated it correct?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I'm 100% sure hakky and every other legend and anyone with good taste used the old one. Still having said that I'm getting used to the new one, it's still bright and ugly and stupid. But I'm able to use it now. It was veeeeeery slow at first for me because I can often have 10-20 forum tabs open so I had to get rid of firefox, pretty happy I did really because Chrome is really an impressive bit of gear.

I still hope that one day there will be an option for some better colours and get rid of those new post tabs

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
and you wont do that because you hated it correct?

no, because it is alot of work to do and minux (i think) has already spent alot of time making this skin.

But if you want to make a vB4 version of the old skin please feel free

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
I'm 100% sure hakky and every other legend and anyone with good taste used the old one. Still having said that I'm getting used to the new one, it's still bright and ugly and stupid. But I'm able to use it now. It was veeeeeery slow at first for me because I can often have 10-20 forum tabs open so I had to get rid of firefox, pretty happy I did really because Chrome is really an impressive bit of gear.

I still hope that one day there will be an option for some better colours and get rid of those new post tabs

i think the design is good, i got used to it pretty quickly, but yeah the site can get pretty laggy. must be too must javascript/ajax. i think it would be better if when a user disabled the 'new posts' section, it was disabled with php instead of js so the browser doesn't even waste time loading it then hiding it once page load is complete. as it stands the whole page has to load, and when it's finished, javascript just comes in and hides the section, it's annoying to watch it do that every time.

but yeah, obviously easier said than done, i'm not expecting anyone to fix it. just an observation :p