Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Commodore Aircon problems and more

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
Thank you - I've had it at the dealers yesterday & they said I need to bring it back for two days to replace the heating/cooling unit (HVAC??).

Aparently there's a control module in there that can't be replaced & they have to replace the unit. Didn't kick up a fuss about it as I'd prefer to get the unit replaced & hopefully get another 3 years out of it. :)

they covering it on warrenty for you?

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
aircon issue

holding the demist button in for 10 seconds resets the air con system and usually makes them colder. Hope this helps

do you do this with engine running or just keys in ignition and turned on etc:hmmm:

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
do you do this with engine running or just keys in ignition and turned on etc:hmmm:

engine running and put it to window demist and hold the recirculate button for 10 second and the light on recirculate will flash

1957chev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ crewman
Hello my VZ ute switches over to the screen when I floor it ? then when I back off it comes back to where it is set ? any ideas ? seems like a vac leak but where ?

bennyrocks_79

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
Yeah mine wasn't blowing at my feet although you could here it move. The duct is actuated by a small motor assy and is a pain in the ass to replace but you can get to it from under the dash if you lie down and reach up. Olny cost $19.00 and a lot of bad words.

sd1201

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
holding the demist button in for 10 seconds resets the air con system and usually makes them colder. Hope this helps

Awesome.... thanks heaps... i was about to put the car in for a service to get this same problem fixed but this quick little trick did the job

michaelp2006

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S
I tried this with mine, now the air con blows hot on demist and wont change position or temperature

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
sometimes you have to do it couple of times, is yours clacking when ign turned on