Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE series II Speaker upgrade

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
Davey, do you think holden may have changed that for the IQ system?

HUX 90

POSION VE SS UTE
Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS UTE
You can still use a single voice coil speaker in a dual voice coil set up for the centre speaker. You just have to wire it up differently, and how you wire it up affects the overall sound of it.

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
in that case ill be contacting you when it comes time for me to install myne ;)

pretty sure ive decided on what im getting now, went around to a couple of audio shops this arvo, got all the info i need, now its just finding a price i like.
settling on the top line Rockford Fosgate for all speakers, 4" and rear ill buy from the store, but front splits ill buy from america, price difference is just ridiculous!

Andrew_Guppz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore International 2009
Nice decision, I went with Rockford Fosgate for all speakers/Amps and subs. You wont be disappointed!!.

LachieSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Poison Ivy SII SV6
just reviving an old thread.

Booked my car in to Freeway car audio again, to have a bulk pack of dynamat fitted.

I also am having fitted the new Alpine PXA-H800 Digital Processor.

Fairly exicted i will get it back tomorrow night, i am expecting some good results with the Type R's.

I have heard nothing but good things about this processor so it should make some major improvements in clarity and digital quality audio. :D

I will post up a review once i have the car back.

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
I'll be purchasing all my speakers in the next couple of weeks, including the centre 4" which means, I'll have one 4" left over to sell...

Would anyone be interested? Rockford fosgate T142 top of the line rockfords...

Won't know how much I'm selling it for until I buy them, but purchase price divided by 2

Anyone interested let me know

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SS Sportswagon
Hi troy,

Just wanted to know what you got to update your speakers?, Im looking at doing the same and I don't want a amp or sub just new speakers for all 4 doors,

Just wanted to ask you cause the stock speakers are 30watt, By replacing them with a higher wattage did it damage your head deck as there is no amp in the sportwagon? and if not what was the wattage of the speakers your replaced the stock ones with?

I just don't want to go out and buy some speakers and blow my head deck in my VE and have to replace the whole system.

jr_

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Sportwagon
Hi troy,

Just wanted to know what you got to update your speakers?, Im looking at doing the same and I don't want a amp or sub just new speakers for all 4 doors,

Just wanted to ask you cause the stock speakers are 30watt, By replacing them with a higher wattage did it damage your head deck as there is no amp in the sportwagon? and if not what was the wattage of the speakers your replaced the stock ones with?

I just don't want to go out and buy some speakers and blow my head deck in my VE and have to replace the whole system.

whilst you wait Troyziee to reply, there's been a heap of similar SV6 speaker upgrade questions asked of late, most recently the below thread. the link is to Tas's reply post (specifically answering question 5): https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/ve-series-ii-speaker-upgrade.232099/post-2618569 - ie it won't damage your head unit

also, have a read of: https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/upgrading-ve-stock-speakers-how.159709

and if you're bored, a similar question to your: https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/should-i-replace-speakers-install-amp-stock-veii.231934