Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS stability control turning itself off. Please help.

Hussien

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE v8 L98 6.0L
You can try to disconnect the battery (Negative terminal) and reconnect it after 30 - 45 minutes. Dealers might do the same thing and let you pay 100$

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
I had this problem, turned out to be the air flow meter was cooked. The same fault appeared in my Dad's car. Replaced that, issue resolved.

jamierawr88

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sv6 Ve 2007 & Calais VE 2007
Recently the stability control (ESP) in my VE SS 2007 has been turning itself off followed by the check engine light illuminating. I had it scanned and result was ABS fault. Hence the ABS module was replaced. Less than 50km later, Stabilty control(ESP) turned itself off again and check engine light illuminated once more. Has anyone out there had the same issue and what was the problem? Or is there a mechanic out there that has had experience with this problem that could direct me to the cause. Not sure i'm happy just to take it to the dealer as it is out of warranty and let them spend hour after hour investigating with no fault found and a massive bill at the end. Really appreciate any help/advise that you could give me to steer my mechanic in the right direction.

ive had this exact problem for ages and finally got it fixed,

There was two possibilities, the abs sensors where not aligned properly, when me and my mate jacked the front of the car up to do its routine maintenance, something shifted into place, or our second theory is we went to the local car wash and washed out the entire engine bay and engine. Both on the same day and ever since its been fixed and hasn't happened since, (since April) If you could check your codes, there most likely is a Mass Airflow error too.

Dont take it to holden or a mechanic because i can guarantee you they will not know what it is.

TONNER_JEZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 UTE
View attachment 163369Update for those who have the ESP/ABS problem .

iv pulled out all my abs sensors and cleaned them with thinners , most had a little bit of gunk . also as mentioned they seam to say it is the rear left sensor that is a common problem , this was the first sensor i managed to look at , and straight away a dead sign as to why i was having problems. hope this helps as it immediately turned my esp back on and abs off.[/QUOThi

hi all , i will try this on the weekend to try and rectify the same issue i am having at the moment.
while driving the abs light comes on & traction control goes off,still drives fine & brakes still work,
which leads me to believe the sensors are either dirty or faulty,and reading through numerous posts on similar
topics i will start at the rear & go from there,
any one out there shed any more light on this issue ??
cheers guys.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
I have the Pontiac G8 GT and I beleive is the same as the SS V.

My money goes on the poster that mentioned the Battery. The life span of the battery on normal use is about 5 to 6 years. Mine gave up during a winter with some snow on the ground; not a good time to have some drama. The tire pressure system gave all sorts of weird errors and the car started to act up like some kind of weird electrical problem. Bought me an AGM (Absorbed Glass Mat) battery in Sears and all the gremlins went away. Here in the USA our Pontiacs are having some electrical issues and turns out that 9 out of 10 cases is the battery. Our cars are about 6 years old (last VE shipped as Pontiac was on 2009) and their batteries are giving up. Beside, any battery that last 6 years is a great battery on my book. You want to extend the battery life, get a Battery Tender; know someone that made a battery last 11 years by using one.

Yes, I can vouch these cars does weird electrical stuff when the battery is dying. I think the Computer in these cars are sensitive to power drops/changes.

Wilko83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VESV6
Hey everyone.
New to this site but can anyone help with this problem as I’m fuckn over this car.
Went in for a timing chain at a rapid tune store and ended up getting a new engine as it was all fucked from shitty oil which looked like playdo-my fault.
So got the engine done, big $$.
Stability control turns off and on by itself.
Then stability control fault comes on and off when I’m at the lights then when I go to take off the car has a meltdown and hesitates for a second then goes.
When the car slows down it down shift pretty rough when the faults are on but when they aren’t on it’s ok.
So I took it back and after a lot of back and forth I got new injectors, fuel pump, cleaned the fuel lines and tank and a few other things over a period of time and still I’m having this problem.
Also when I turn the car off it keeps running for at least 1-2 seconds then stops.
I never had any of these problems before the new motor and now it’s completely different and every time I went back they just cleared it and said see how you go and now the warranty is done.
Please help

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
I think, you need to start a new thread.

For what I can see, did you reflashed the PCM? If so, roll back to the stock tune (OEM).

As far the oil... sorry to hear on what happened to the engine, but, the oil does not gum up, does not matter how crappy is. What makes it gum up is the lack of maintenance and/or adding all sorts of oil additives.

John Spinks

Reaction score
Members Ride
WB Holden Ute
Recently the stability control (ESP) in my VE SS 2007 has been turning itself off followed by the check engine light illuminating. I had it scanned and result was ABS fault. Hence the ABS module was replaced. Less than 50km later, Stabilty control(ESP) turned itself off again and check engine light illuminated once more. Has anyone out there had the same issue and what was the problem? Or is there a mechanic out there that has had experience with this problem that could direct me to the cause. Not sure i'm happy just to take it to the dealer as it is out of warranty and let them spend hour after hour investigating with no fault found and a massive bill at the end. Really appreciate any help/advise that you could give me to steer my mechanic in the right direction.

These posts are handy for my new purchase same probs VE 2008 Ute.
rears Sensors always full of water or mud or bouncing around. So pull out one Hex type 6 bolt? & put an Ohm. metre on & resistance should be no more than .047 or so if reading 4 or 5 it will be useless. Tis on another Vid here on google. cheers

ZXTC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Sportwagon
This is the cars ecu telling you there is an issue of intermittent nature. So no code yet. Can be 100 different things. You will get an error code so as it becomes an a more frequent issue. Mine was an injector fault. Need to read with oan ob2 scanner but not faults in pending faults. This is also why your trans will shift funny all conected.

Michaelm

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss
Anyone able to shed some light my 07 ve ss starts and runs fine but after a decent drive or giving it a bit of a hard time I go to start it again and the traction control turns off by its self and has a hard time start when it start I take it for a little drive and it won’t rev over 3g but when I take the spark plug lead off and put it back on it fixes it all and runs fine iv replaced the coil spark plug and the lead but keeps doing it ‍♂️