Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SSV OTR's Which one and why

loku16

Reaction score
Website
www.addicted2fish.com.au
Members Ride
2010 VE SS-V Wagon
Chocco,
Great to hear that you are pleased with the VCM kit. One of my mates recommended them to me after using them for his SSV ute. I'm about to get the full exhaust system from them and also had a drive in SS wagon they had. :) I'm no where near the handyman you are so they will be doing all of it for me. hahahaha

Did you think about upgrading the brake pads and fluid? My mate used Ferodo pads and race fluid and he reckons that it has made a world of difference. I will take my car on the track someday but with all that power, I'm thinking that I may need to stop safely!

chocco

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SportWagon, VZ Crewman Cross 8
Call Scott at VCM, they fit these OTR's to the Patterson Cheney Sports Version VE's so they would have to be ADR. VCM Performance
Ph: 03 9763 7599

chocco

Reaction score
Members Ride
Also if anyone is looking at using a Paper instead of oil filter, I believe the filter used is actually a Porsche 928, you can get high performance paper filters that come close to a K&N.

Homer's HSV

Homer Simpson
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE E3 Clubsport
hi chocco the OTR is not ADR approved costs a lot of money to get it approved i no they do work for Patterson Cheney so you would think it will be but also they also have a full exhaust system headers and catback and i think it will blow over the limit of 90 DB which i was told by VCM that its not legal noise makes it unroadworthy straight from the dealer shame cause i have the catback and would love the headers as well and thats from what they have told me.
Would love to know if anyone knows something different to me.
Cheers

chocco

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just a quick surf of the net and here are some paper filters that should suit the VCM OTR, will have to check dimensions against K&N. Even though it is not ADR'd with a MAF it is still the most OEM looking unit on the market and combined with the radiator panels that will be available around XMAS, you would have to be pretty hard up to be busted.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/s...rs+&+Intake+Systems,wpn_scat_name:Air+Filters)

chocco

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey VESSME, Did you get a standard paper filter or a High Performance Paper Filter, there is a mob in the good ol USA aFe that make a washable non-oil filter and claim a 94% flow, would be interesting to see the dyno results between a K&N and a non oiled filter in the VCM OTR.