Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF GTS - fusion vehicle protection

spice weasel (BAM)

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Thanks guys, i'm in Tasmania so there aren't nearly as many options available to me as everyone on the mainland. I'm going to go the tint, but skip the protection as I will put the money into getting it detailed regularly. In regards to the tint I know I'm being ripped (maybe an extra $200 at worst) but I figure it gives me a point of contact at the dealer as they said they cover the lifetime warranty on the tint and I go directly to them if I have any issues. Unless anyone knows someone very reputable in Hobart?

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
I'm going to go the tint, but skip the protection as I will put the money into getting it detailed regularly. ?

That's good that you're not getting the Fusion pack but detailed regularly? If you get ceramic paint protection then you'd only have to get it detailed every couple of years to get rid of minor swirls.

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Yeah mate if its a convenience thing you have to fork out the extra cash but hey Im sure they will do a great job anyway and if they don't take it back :) Yet to visit tassy but really would love to take my vf on the boat over for a weekend away

spice weasel (BAM)

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Sorry I really shouldn't say detail. I mean regular cleaning of the car for bird **** etc. and probably a full detail twice a year. Tint wise if its not perfect they will know about it that is for sure. Tassie is very quiet, so it depends on what you like, however there are some awesome roads with not many people which are lovely driving roads for a nice cruise on the weekend so I'm going to get to take full advantage.

tazdevil1964

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 SS Atomic Sportwagon
If you have a look on detail paradise forum which is an Australian site and ask if there are any good detailers in Tas they would know.....worth a shot to save that 2k..

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
HI Guys

I've been a member for years and had many a holden, but over the last couple of years i've been a lurker, not really a poster.

Well I've taken the plunge and put a deposit on a VF GTS (Got a great price surprisingly) and they are now plugging the interior and exterior protection - They have told me 2k including a window tint and inside and out with lifetime warranty and none of this yearly reapplication requirement bullshit apparently. Now normally I tell them to piss off, however I'm spending a lot of money on this car and without being flamed I am notorious for not really cleaning my cars nearly as often as I should, so my question is, does anybody think its worth spending the money on? I have searched for other threads but given this car is so much more expensive I thought I would post and ask. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I wish I could afford a GTS! Very jelly.

spice weasel (BAM)

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
I will definitely check that forum out as I don't know any good detailers. Christov I'm a bit nervous spending this much money on a car. Its a hell of a lot of money and I could never previously justify spending this sort of cash on a car. As soon as I drove it I was smitten. It's going to be about two weeks before I can pick it up. Longest two weeks of my life for sure. I took a couple of pics to tide me over. As soon as I have if I will put up a bunch of pics.

Last edited:

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
What colour are you getting? There are a few white ones in our town already. They look horn, and sound horn.
Pics for sure when you get it.:smoking:

spice weasel (BAM)

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
It's nitrate (silver). I have a couple photos (they are pretty crap as I took them in the dealership) that I could post for now if someone tells me how to post it from my iPhone? If anyone is interested. If not I'll do some proper ones once I get my mitts on it (and when I eventually get out of it :p )