Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

OzTurtle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline
They do give off a lot of heat, which is why they put in the hood vents. If you decide on some mods down the track also look into a trans cooler.

FURLZY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII Redline Sportswagon
Thanks for the quick responses, greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
They do give off a lot of heat, which is why they put in the hood vents.
I can't believe how hot the garage gets when we park our 2014 in it!

Jordoi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 6.0 M6
I think I would be demanding a new steering rack, motor and whatever control module looks after the steering unit. In my opinion, driving a car with an intermittent fault such as this is DANGEROUS. If the dealer won't play ball, try escalating the matter to Holden Service. I seem to remember another poster had the same problem, and Holden told him the car was dangerous and shouldn't be driven until new components were installed.

Thanks exact problem for my car. Dealer took it in on Friday and confirmed that there was an issue.. on that they then said it is a warranty repair but can not approve costs until monday as that guy was out. They sent me home in the car said its fine to drive but would need to replace the steering rack. Rang yesterday with no response. Again today and am now told i have a 2 week wait as there is no replacement parts in the country. Expressed my concerns that its extremely dangerous driving a car at 100k/hr with the possibility of an intermittent fault. They said there was nothing they could do. Rang holden customer care who also agreed that it is dangerous to be driving the car but their only response is to try to get the parts in faster.

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
It may be a forlorn hope but you could say to the dealer that Holden Customer Care agree it's dangerous to drive the car, but as you need it for work (or whatever), could they give you a loan car until yours is fixed. You never know, they might surprise you!

VF2Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 Calais
Has anyone had trouble with the seat base being hard?

Purchased a new Series 2 Calais (non-V) late last year. It would appear that Holden have changed the material in the seat base between Series 1 and Series 2 - now much harder.

In a short test drive, while firmer, feels OK. Pay for the car and drive for 3 hours - very painful - runs on the sciatic nerve.

Astonished that a car that is so comfortable and refined can cause so much pain.

Holden dealer does not seem to be interested.

JTmofo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Sportswagon
Has anyone had trouble with the seat base being hard?

Purchased a new Series 2 Calais (non-V) late last year. It would appear that Holden have changed the material in the seat base between Series 1 and Series 2 - now much harder.

In a short test drive, while firmer, feels OK. Pay for the car and drive for 3 hours - very painful - runs on the sciatic nerve.

Astonished that a car that is so comfortable and refined can cause so much pain.

Holden dealer does not seem to be interested.

Everyone's arse likes different shapes/firmness.

I'm not surprised the dealer isn't entertaining your gripe.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
The dealer can't change the seat design. Perhaps time for a cushion?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I vote for taxi-driver beads! :D

JTmofo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Sportswagon
I vote for taxi-driver beads! :D

Man... haven't seen a set of them in years! Between them and the the plug in dash mounted fan..... brings back memories!