Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
Well, that settles it -- you DO have a satnav fitted. So there's only two conclusions:

1. There is no GPS signal in your area (unlikely), or

2. Your MyLink hardware and/or software are not functioning properly.

It's still under warranty, so I suggest you let a dealer figure out the problem.

Sixdays300

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais wagon 6.0
Was your Calais a 6 or an 8? Ive just found out i have a 16" spare tyre and it wont fit over the brakes

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
Hi Sixdays300, if you mean me then I have a VF Calais V, which comes with 19" wheels (regardless of which motor is fitted). Mine came with a full size alloy spare, which was one of the reasons that persuaded me to buy that particular car, as others could have either an inflation kit or an 18" steel emergency spare, depending on model year and dealer generosity (or lack of).

The VF Calais (non-V version) comes with 18" wheels, again regardless of number of cylinders. Depending on model year it could have an inflation kit, an 18" steel emergency spare or a full size alloy.

From your 'Ride' description you have a VE Calais, which in stock form has 17" alloys with a 17" steel spare. It would seem someone has swapped your original spare for a 16" one, which, as you rightly point out, is useless to you. If you've only just bought the car from a dealer they should be able to source the correct 17" wheel for you, and swap it for the 16" one.

_Jay_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VF Clubsport R8
Sporadically the car horn will sound to let me know my keys are in the car, problem is that its when I've only just arrived at my destination and I haven't even gotten out of my car yet... I assumed this was an isolated electrical issue with my first VF but since purchasing my second VF it sporadically will do the same thing.
It drives me crazy when I'm coming home late at night and waking up the kids and most likely neighbours.
Anyone else experiencing this too?
Will question Holden when it's due for a service next.

fuzzie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais Sportwagon
Jay, I have this to, but I think it only happens with a passenger on board as well. It hasn't happened enough times for me to work out the pattern, but it might be passenger releasing seat belt or opening door before switching the motor off.

Traxx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Storm
anyone else noticing that their a/c compressor is being turned on when you press the recycle air button?? (with the a/c button turned off ofc) afaik this shouldnt happen? basically with how it is there is no point even having the little snowflake a/c button. is this an issue others are having or its just how holden did it for some weird reason?

SARRAS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 Commodore SSV Redline 6MT
anyone else noticing that their a/c compressor is being turned on when you press the recycle air button?? (with the a/c button turned off ofc) afaik this shouldnt happen? basically with how it is there is no point even having the little snowflake a/c button. is this an issue others are having or its just how holden did it for some weird reason?

YES! I've noticed that mine seems to do that as well - releasing the recirc button seems to solve the issue

Jordoi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 6.0 M6
So i have a vf series 1 ss ute and driving to work this morning the power steering decided to turn itself off while going around a roundabout. Luckily managed to keep it straight and pull over for a restart of the car for it to turn back on. Would hate to have this at 100ks on some windy roads though.
Car has already been recalled for exact same fault and at the time of recall it was having the same issue. any thoughts on what to do? thinking i will take it to the dealership this morning.

A9X

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Storm
I've had my VF SS Storm since about May 2014 and had no problems until I notice last weekend the front suspension is making a creaking sound when going over speed bumps. It has done about 18,000 km's. I'm not sure if its worth the time taking it to the dealer since I only drive it on weekends, I can get it checked at the next service which isn't until August. Anyone else had this happen to their VF?

(I tried a search and couldn't find anything.)

Thanks.