Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Random chat thread

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
went to holden spare parts and asked them . he gave me a price of $480 for front pads . tells me they cost $560 . then tells me they dont carry bendix because they squeak after .

Yep, sounds about right. Don't ask for a price on rotors if you have a weak heart. Bendix are cheap but will squeal like a stuck pig. Try EBC pads, heard good things about them.

splcrazy

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV GEN-F VF CLUBSPORT SV 340
Yep, sounds about right. Don't ask for a price on rotors if you have a weak heart. Bendix are cheap but will squeal like a stuck pig. Try EBC pads, heard good things about them.
oh yeah I heard the rotors are expensive as hell . so most likely I think the fronts wear out faster than the rears so most likely they will need to be replaced before the rears so the cost shouldn't be too bad .
or until aftermarket rotors become available , but I will still use genuine pads . was told I can change pads twice before needing rotors ?

dantheman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
Hi all,

I just picked up a redline on xmas eve. I'm loving it. Best xmas present ever. This is my first chev ls motor and am loving it. Get a grin from ear to ear when driving it

Anyway I had a couple questions and Hoping someone may have come across this issue. When the engine is idling in park I notice the engine slightly rocking the car side to side .Doesn't matter if cold or hot. It doesn't do it in drive/reverse. Does this happen to other cars out there? The car is still running its first tank of fuel prob 91 or e10 in it.

I can't recall it happening when I picked it up. Probably because I was so excited I never noticed

Also one more thing with the my link. I notice triple jjj has no song/track information like other fm stations in adelaide. Glitch with my car or jjj not transmitting metadata?

Thanks in advance

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
Hi all,

I just picked up a redline on xmas eve. I'm loving it. Best xmas present ever. This is my first chev ls motor and am loving it. Get a grin from ear to ear when driving it

Anyway I had a couple questions and Hoping someone may have come across this issue. When the engine is idling in park I notice the engine slightly rocking the car side to side .Doesn't matter if cold or hot. It doesn't do it in drive/reverse. Does this happen to other cars out there? The car is still running its first tank of fuel prob 91 or e10 in it.

I can't recall it happening when I picked it up. Probably because I was so excited I never noticed

Also one more thing with the my link. I notice triple jjj has no song/track information like other fm stations in adelaide. Glitch with my car or jjj not transmitting metadata?

Thanks in advance

Get some decent fuel into it and then see. They get a tad rocky but nothing a tune cant fix. JJJ I have no idea

splcrazy

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV GEN-F VF CLUBSPORT SV 340
Hi all,

Thanks in advance
my previous ve ss did the engine rocking , and my brand spanking new VF R8 does it too . its normal . but keep an eye on the engine oil level dipstick from time to time . make sure its always at the correct level.

dantheman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
my previous ve ss did the engine rocking , and my brand spanking new VF R8 does it too . its normal . but keep an eye on the engine oil level dipstick from time to time . make sure its always at the correct level.

Thanks for the replies guys. I thought it was just my car. It somehow seems better today. Will see if 98 makes any difference.

JETURBO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF R8 SV
Anyone got simmons FR's on their VF yet ?
Wanna see some piks before i buy some

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
Just a note to anyone who uses a pressure washer on their car. Although the sound insulation under the wheel arches is pressure washer safe the under bonnet insulation isn't. I thought after 45000km I'd give it a squirt and get rid of a bit of dust and grime. It was fine for a thorough first pass but I got a bit carried away on one spot and ,just like that, a scooped out section about the size of my hand appeared. Nozzle was about a foot from the insulation and my pressure washer is electric and fairly low powered something like a car wash gun might put out. Be careful.........

GH05T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Anyone got simmons FR's on their VF yet ?
Wanna see some piks before i buy some

no... but these will be going on my next vf
10272701_10202398973830605_3854097956464327571_o.jpg