Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Random chat thread

DanielSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
Mine's a April 2014 SSV and it's going back to fix the driver's seat base. It feels loose and moves when cornering. Nice quality Holden!

My June 2013 Commodore had the same problem. Holden already have a tensioner part out for the seat. The local Holden guys did my car while I waited. Was about 40mins with the fitting and then test run. They even offered a free car wash if I wanted to hang around. Seat has been absolutely fine ever since.

Honestly its annoying, but there is a fix and you are kind of getting carried away a bit I would think. Its not like your diff just blew up or something.

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
I wouldn't say carried away at all. A fix for this fault was in place before the production of my car. Yet the fault still exists in production? Yes it will be fixed, and it is a small issue indeed. My previous SS had many issues so I am hoping I have a good run with this one.

RayLamp

Gone Fishin'...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline and LTZ RG Colorado
Keeping in the spirit of this thread…

I don't know why, but today was the first day I used the auto parking thing. Did perpendicular parking. The bloody thing reversed into the spot dead centre and dead straight. I couldn't help but chuckle :)

RooiLyn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F-2 Senator Signature
Keeping in the spirit of this thread…

I don't know why, but today was the first day I used the auto parking thing. Did perpendicular parking. The bloody thing reversed into the spot dead centre and dead straight. I couldn't help but chuckle :)

You're one ahead of me - I've yet to use it at all. Maybe I should get the manual out and read how to do it again, find a quiet side street and give it a shot?

Murpha

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute
Dose anyone no when the vf s2 are coming out and what will be different

Jordoi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 6.0 M6
Hi guys not sure if this is the right place but i thought i would put it here and see what you think.
Does anyone find the paint on the VFs to be particularly thin? I have a phantom black ss ute (i know blacks always bad for scratches), But it seems every time i have a look at it there is a new scratch or fine lines of paint missing. Had a phantom black ve clubsport before this one and never found it to be an issue.

anyway just looking for some opinions. Cheers

Unconnected

Reaction score
Members Ride
Impreza/Redline VF soon
Finally acheived my life dream of buying a V8 commodore the other day, i was regod on here when i was on red ps, nearly got a VL but ended up with a shitbox honda then a subaru but the other day i just pulled the trigger on a perfect blue redline sedan in manual. Had posters of the monaro and ssx concepts on my wall, followed skaifey. Anyway, its a few weeks before i get it but #### im excited. I was sold the moment i saw the interior of the VF, its so much better than id rather buy a brand new redline than an old ve hsv, i figure i can tune it up.

Anyway, whats up jc

ozdrexler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Finally acheived my life dream of buying a V8 commodore the other day, i was regod on here when i was on red ps, nearly got a VL but ended up with a shitbox honda then a subaru but the other day i just pulled the trigger on a perfect blue redline sedan in manual. Had posters of the monaro and ssx concepts on my wall, followed skaifey. Anyway, its a few weeks before i get it but #### im excited. I was sold the moment i saw the interior of the VF, its so much better than id rather buy a brand new redline than an old ve hsv, i figure i can tune it up.

Anyway, whats up jc

Yep my redline is my first ever V8. Wanted one for ever!
Took me to lose the 'anchor' that was weighing me down to finally get one. :)

JackB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm Sedan Auto
Hi guys not sure if this is the right place but i thought i would put it here and see what you think.
Does anyone find the paint on the VFs to be particularly thin? I have a phantom black ss ute (i know blacks always bad for scratches), But it seems every time i have a look at it there is a new scratch or fine lines of paint missing. Had a phantom black ve clubsport before this one and never found it to be an issue.

anyway just looking for some opinions. Cheers

I've got the same issue with mine. Prussian steel, really thin paint job. I noticed it on the door edges, I loaded a cardboard box onto the back seat and rubbed it against the door edge, it didn't scratch, it took the bloody paint back to the undercoat.