Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Sat Nav

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Roganjosh only updated his to the same versions as my Mar 2016 build car (mine doesn't have the camera POI option). It appears this new update is a later version again.
Yeah this update is newer.

VF Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I'm after some info from those that have had the new update done, mainly how long did it take for the update without a service? My next service is 6 months away, so I'm thinkin I may save myself more than $50 if it's done this month.

drady

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf R8 Clubsport
Did anyone here have to prepay to organise to have installed the 2017 maps?

berlina411

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline (Weekender). Truck (Daily)
I've just had an on-line chat with Holden this evening. The bloke I had the conversation with told me the new map update will definitely include speed camera locations and the map is dated Feb 2017. Hopefully I can get mine updated during the first 1000km inspection due in a couple of weeks

drady

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf R8 Clubsport
well i had a friendly chat as well which confirmed this as well and they assured me that all dealers had been sent the maps and it might have taken a bit to get out and about etc. they also confirmed that pre-payment isnt needed etc.

drady

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf R8 Clubsport
ell i think i got all the updates for for 2013 vf clubsport and maps - no reverse camera gridlines nor any safety camera POI. I hope the maps are up to date lol - and they did pick up a recall that HO and the dealer said had already been done. Images attached - not sure if anyone can make out if these are the latest.

Attachments

• 20170317_162810.jpg
    20170317_162810.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 454
  • 20170317_162816.jpg
    20170317_162816.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 459
  • 20170317_162859.jpg
    20170317_162859.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 457
Last edited:

Howdy6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY14
Finally got the Map up-date. Pretty disappointed driving home as a 60kph zone which has been 60 for at least a year, maybe 2 is still marked as 70kph. I can confirm there are no visual speed / red light camera warnings (as mentioned before, I asked the Dealer about this and he said only the Calais got this and the SSV didn't - in 2014 anyway) in fact so far I can't see any differences to before. Will know more when I drive more later this week. I'll also whack the voice back on to see if the camera warning only comes through by voice.
Stupid question - how do you get the software versions so I can check? I recon I have got them up before but buggered if I can find it now.

Howdy6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY14
Oh yer, not sure if anyone else's does this but mine has always required back pedaling then re-entry to the "turns" screen when on route to get the slide bar on the left so you can see turns further ahead - Ahhh still there nothing has changed.

drady

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf R8 Clubsport
Hi there

I've got Holden ho to review and provide a response to my queries above. Similar questions and feel of what you are saying.

The versions can be found via the configuration option and the via radio settings from memory.

My queries were escalated, so will post my response asap.

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
In the other thread you'll see I have received emails from Holden saying there are two updates.. .one is the map update, the second is a system update. The system update is the one that adds the Camera POIs... simply getting the map updates does not.

I don't know if this is the same for all year models, but is certainly true for my MY16 that doesn't currently have Camera POIs.