Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Sat Nav

MOIRAE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII 6.2LS3 Calais
I find it somewhat crazy that any map updates are not handled automatically via 4g mobile connection. At least they should really be a standard part of a 15000km service, for the warranty period of the vehicle... at least.

It should not be a drama for a customer to get an update like this sorted out. The miscommunication and bulltish from Holden that has been highlighted through this thread is somewhat alarming.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Personally i think it should be free for everyone. They have no right to charge this much for something this out of date.
If they aren't at least providing this information to customers PRIOR to purchase it's misleading and bordering on criminal behaviour.

I think it should be free for in warranty VF's. But it cant remain permanently free forever since each update per car does cost the dealership money.
Or dealerships may be able to absorb the cost for loyal customers who keep going in for services (Since they do add up..). That sounds fair to me?

But, knowing the year of the maps should be stated somewhere, even if its in the technical details for it.
That information is at least available for the VE's, not sure why it has been almost intentionally disregarded on the VF's.

Black5

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Senator
Although providing an already well out of date map update may help some a little, this doesn’t absolve Holden from their responsibilities to their customers.

Holden doing nothing about correcting the misleading information on their website and providing dealers with accurate messaging in regard to the availability and currency of this update?

Continuing to describe this as “the latest map update”, is misleading, and by charging people for it without advising them of how old it actually is could be construed as fraudulent misrepresentation of the product and needs to be changed.

https://www.holden.com.au/owning/se...ZfnegG_OyC4py6VPwqx2IaAj4T8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

By the way, I believe that https://here.com/en update their maps in real time, so why this takes Holden over a year to consolidate and then a further year to release is beyond ridiculous and points to poor programming and an unsuitable product that is not designed properly for regular updates.

http://mapupdate.navigation.com/Holden/index.html

If the product (MyLink) itself is not “fit for purpose” and doesn’t meet the design specifications as noted in the manual for regular updates to be able to be applied, then it should be recalled and repaired or replaced with something that does.

ITOONS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V8
Just called my dealer and asked for a MyLink and map update on my next service (booked in on the 15th). The service receptionist said she will make a note of it, check my VIN number and check with Holden to see if there is an update. I'm glad I read this thread because it appears I couldn't just ask for one on the day as they need it sent out from Holden. This is totally crazy to me, but at least I've given them a 6 business day window to receive it.

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Actually, found this link for canberra that has dates from 2014 onwards. Anyone with a 2013 vf r8 or similar get 2015, 16 etc. locations, I can't :(
http://actbus.net/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=vclt4372qod9nurnkgeta5vd17&topic=2268.0

Any specifically? I've just gone through a couple from 2015 (Moncrieff and Denman Prospect) and nothing on my updated MyLink, but in reality the suburbs don't really have much in them at the moment anyway... this list doesn't mean the roads are built in 2015... and in fact Google Maps doesn't even recognise Moncrieff yet and has no roads for Denman Prospect.

I'd be more interested in seeing actual built roads and road names to determine the age of the map data.

Last edited:

Ddavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII Calais (not Calais V) with satnav option
Hi all,
I had my maps updated for free a couple of months ago (after a struggle) and then saw in the other SatNav forum that camera alerts were available for it - but it needed the MyLink software updated to enable it.
I sent a message to Holden support about it and got a phone call from my local dealer the next day. They tried to tell me the update wasn't free but I persisted and they said they would have to report my MyLink as having problems in order to get the update for free (my car is under warranty, so that's why I suppose). Crazy system isn't it?
Anyway, had it done a couple of weeks ago (and now have camera alerts) and experienced the problem with it cancelling my settings so I did a radio reset as Tazz mentioned (which the dealer should have done!) and it's now OK - thank you, Tazz!
Here are my (VFII Calais) software versions if anyone is interested.
Comparing these with the previous versions there are loads that have been updated but I have no idea what each one represents.

Radio1.jpg

Radio2.jpg

Last edited:

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
No doubt the Highlighted one's are the New ones

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
No doubt the Highlighted one's are the New ones
No, when you scroll down the numbers highlight depending on what you've pressed or where it is on the screen...

Here's my Redline after the recent map and software update..

Screen 1.jpg Screen 2.jpg Screen 3.jpg Screen 4.jpg
Screen 1.jpg
Screen 2.jpg
Screen 3.jpg
Screen 4.jpg

Black5

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Senator
Email response from Consumer Affairs Victoria.

Thank you for your email.

I have noted your concerns regarding Holden's conduct, and Consumer Affairs Victoria (CAV) has lodged the information you have sent through against the trader within our database. CAV does not provide details about specific compliance and enforcement actions unless this information becomes available on the public record (for example, through media releases or court judgements). Information about CAV’s compliance activity is on our website and in our annual reports.

However, the information you have provided will help us to;

• Decide what actions we will take (options include trader inspections and enforcement action)
  • Build intelligence on this trader and issue (for example, whether the reported conduct establishes a pattern of behaviour)
  • Target compliance audits, public education and industry liaison