Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Anit Hoon laws have gone to far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Nope, wasn't charged with anything, it was a load of bs. Got off scott free.

orly??? Why did he spend 2 days in court if he wasn't charged with anything??? From your quote above it appears that he pleaded guilty to doing 110 km/h however it appears he was not convicted because of his age.

Reaper

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
You know what I meant reaper, he wasn't "convicted" of doing 207km/h, he admitted to going slightly over the limit, but nothing overly illegal that warranted his punishment.

neet wagon, I don't know why, you don't know either, fact is their was no HARD EVIDENCE, only opinions and he had his car impounded, tarnished with hoon, had to spend time, his money and loose work to clear his name from wrong doing.

There was no proof, only the driver knows what he did. And the courts found he was innocent.

Dz811

Just some p-plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6
see? some of you have unwittingly follwed the same trend, automatically assuming that he did what was accused of him....

I'm not saying he did or didnt, but if there was no hard evidence to begin with, then it shouldnt have even got that far.... He should have been given a warning and let go, coz theres no reason to take it any further?

neet_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 XR6T & 1990 VN dragcar project
The police had the right to prosecute him.
They had him on the radar/ladar whichever they were using doing 207kmh or whatever it was. It was only when they all got to court that it was thrown out by 'expert' knowledge. Betcha the expert isn't the same guy that set the radar up for the cops to begin with.

^^^^^
I would love to see you try to reason your way into getting a warning after doing what he did.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
10km over the speed limit on a freeway, I've been warned for doing 9km/h over the speed limit.

And no, the cops didn't, they were on a ridge overlooking the freeway and pinged him from over a km away, I doubt the camera wasn't even working, and if it was it was faulty, as was proven in court.

The fact that it was GUILTY TILL PROVEN INNOCENT is the main factor you are ignoring neet, no where else do we see this in the legal system (rarely anyway) it's sickening.

neet_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 XR6T & 1990 VN dragcar project
Pigs arse, it is every where in the legal system, your just suffering from tunnel vision!

If you look back through my posts I don't agree with the Hoon laws, but this knob was belting along the freeway at some un-godly rate of speed, and the coppers pinged him with what i believe was ladar, which most certainly WILL reach out to and over a kilometer away.

He was done for 10km over IN THE END. thats not what they went to court for in the first place.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
No he wasn't done for anything.

You're just like the cops, assuming with no hard evidence! Just 'p plater with a nice car, lets get him'

Seems like you are suffering from tunnel vision

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
The whole point of my post was to show how hoon laws are flawed.
There is no innocent till proven guilty, it's the other way around, mistakes can and will happen and innocent people will suffer the consequences.

What consequences? It was determined that he was not doing the alleged speed, he admitted to what he was doing, and he got out of it. No innocent person is suffering any consequences.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
What consequences? It was determined that he was not doing the alleged speed, he admitted to what he was doing, and he got out of it. No innocent person is suffering any consequences.

So car impounded isn't a consequence?

Status
Not open for further replies.