Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Anit Hoon laws have gone to far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
How long did his car get impounded for? I didn't read the story, didn't think of that. But it's the price you pay for having laws in society. How many people do you think get accused of murder when they are innocent? How many people do you think get charged with murder when they are innocent? It happens. Should we just take away these laws, just in case someone innocent gets put in jail? One story of one car getting impounded incorrectly, as opposed to how many real hoons have been caught, do you suggest we just take away the laws so the hoons can stay on the streets?

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
At least they don't get sentenced and thrown in prison before the court case.

I'm suggesting these laws are flawed, which they are.

KrueltyNTheBeast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Pack Supercharged
yeah what about the bigger problems on our roads atm?!?! like the old farts too blind to see a truck from 20metres away high beaming them and blaring the air horns.

Everytime i try to make a trip to the supermarket or piss shop i have to dodge 10+ kamikaze grandma's
trying to take me out.

Its for this reason i drive an illegally modified car, how else am i going to get out of the way of people with a complete disregard for time.

How long did his car get impounded for? I didn't read the story, didn't think of that. But it's the price you pay for having laws in society. How many people do you think get accused of murder when they are innocent? How many people do you think get charged with murder when they are innocent? It happens. Should we just take away these laws, just in case someone innocent gets put in jail? One story of one car getting impounded incorrectly, as opposed to how many real hoons have been caught, do you suggest we just take away the laws so the hoons can stay on the streets?

are u suggesting we should also start impounding and crushing the cars of full licence drivers? like the ones who get drunk and high and then run over children and kill innocent families driving home, it happens more frequently and in greater numbers amongst drivers 25 and over all around the world yet they do nothing.

the point is, what the hell is the difference? if this became an issue effecting every1 in victoria, im sure all of you saying "suck it up" would be crying like frustrated 2 yr olds

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
It was plain and simple targetting, how modifying any car makes you an automatic hoon and somehow makes your car travel 207km/h without you knowing is complete bullshit.

Having a nice looking car has nothing to do with it, hell forbid everyone on just commodores should sell their holden and buy a fkn camry in fear of being targetted by police

That's a very naive view of the world, and a totally incorrect one. People profile all the time, and I'm certain you do it to other people too.

Allow me to explain using pictures this time. If you see a guy walking down the street dressed like this:

danja-albums-stuff-picture9499-6a00d83451586c69e200e54f88065f8834-800wi.jpg

Then you're going to assume he's gay (or French). He might not be, he might just like dressing that way, but you're still going to assume it, because "that's what gay guys look like".

If you choose to dress like that, you should be aware that people will profile you accordingly. Does it mean you're automatically gay because you dress like that? No, but you're certainly giving people a lot of reasons to make that assumption.

In the same way, if you drive a kitted/rimmed/dumped Commodore with try-hard number plate, people will assume you're a hoon, because "that's what hoons' cars look like". Does it mean EVERY modified car is a hoonmobile? No, but enough hoons drive them to give people a lot of reasons to think that. It really does have a lot to do with it. If you can't handle that, then yes, you should probably drive a Camry.

At the end of the day there was no evidence he was speeding, except what the cops 'assumed'. Suspecting it 'was in the middle of the two numbers' means squat without evidence. The whole point of my post was to show how hoon laws are flawed.
There is no innocent till proven guilty, it's the other way around, mistakes can and will happen and innocent people will suffer the consequences.

The guy admitted he was speeding, granted he didn't say 200km/h+, but he WAS speeding, and like I said, my bullshit detector tells me it was probably quite a bit more than the admitted 110km/h...

I don't know what fairy tale planet you're living in where you think people don't get profiled and treated accordingly by everyone, everyday, but it sure ain't Earth.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
In the same way, if you drive a kitted/rimmed/dumped Commodore with try-hard number plate, people will assume you're a hoon, because "that's what hoons' cars look like". Does it mean EVERY modified car is a hoonmobile? No, but enough hoons drive them to give people a lot of reasons to think that. It really does have a lot to do with it. If you can't handle that, then yes, you should probably drive a Camry.

The guy admitted he was speeding, granted he didn't say 200km/h+, but he WAS speeding, and like I said, my bullshit detector tells me it was probably quite a bit more than the admitted 110km/h...

I don't know what fairy tale planet you're living in where you think people don't get profiled and treated accordingly by everyone, everyday, but it sure ain't Earth.

By your own definition you are a hoon and a bogan, you drive a V8.

Your bullshit detector is just that, bullshit, you know bullshit about what he was 'really' doing, just like those cops :banstick:

"profiled" and "treated" are two different terms. Just because he 'looks' gay, or 'looks' like a hoon doesn't mean you treat them with any less respect (if you do that says alot about your character), if that was the case homosexuality would be illegal and hoons wouldn't exist, it still be the middle ages :hmmm:

Fact, courts found him innocent, car was unjustly impounded, driving a nice car doesn't make you a hoon, cops were wrong, no hard evidence, he wasn't doing 207km/h, crushing cars and some of the hoon laws are a knee jerk reaction by the government because of the media and other misinformed biggots.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
are u suggesting we should also start impounding and crushing the cars of full licence drivers? like the ones who get drunk and high and then run over children and kill innocent families driving home, it happens more frequently and in greater numbers amongst drivers 25 and over all around the world yet they do nothing.

the point is, what the hell is the difference? if this became an issue effecting every1 in victoria, im sure all of you saying "suck it up" would be crying like frustrated 2 yr olds

I agree, focusing on the wrong thing, but at least the government looks like they are doing something.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Allow me to explain using pictures this time. If you see a guy walking down the street dressed like this:

danja-albums-stuff-picture9499-6a00d83451586c69e200e54f88065f8834-800wi.jpg

Then you're going to assume he's gay (or French). He might not be, he might just like dressing that way, but you're still going to assume it, because "that's what gay guys look like".

Not French, I thought you were a pom Danja???? :p

Reaper

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
By your own definition you are a hoon and a bogan, you drive a V8.

You're still not getting it, I look like a hoon/bogan - doesn't mean I am one.

Your bullshit detector is just that, bullshit, you know bullshit about what he was 'really' doing, just like those cops :banstick:

I'm not testifying in court, I'm giving my opinion. I've seen enough red P-platers in modified Commodores to be pretty confident of how the average one drives. It's called an educated guess.

"profiled" and "treated" are two different terms. Just because he 'looks' gay, or 'looks' like a hoon doesn't mean you treat them with any less respect (if you do that says alot about your character), if that was the case homosexuality would be illegal and hoons wouldn't exist, it still be the middle ages :hmmm:

There is a reason why homosexuality is legal and hooning isn't.. just because I used the former to illustrate a point doesn't mean I consider them equivalent. I don't respect hoons, because they don't respect anyone else - I make no apologies for that.

Fact, courts found him innocent, car was unjustly impounded, driving a nice car doesn't make you a hoon, cops were wrong, no hard evidence, he wasn't doing 207km/h, crushing cars and some of the hoon laws are a knee jerk reaction by the government because of the media and other misinformed biggots.

Not being found guilty is not the same thing as being proved innocent, it just means there was insufficient proof to determine guilt. The court didn't say "you didn't do it", it said "we can't say for sure you did it". Important difference.

Also, you keep saying "nice car", which might be your interpretation, but probably wasn't the police's - you almost seem to be suggesting there is an element of jealousy in play here?

Not French, I thought you were a pom Danja???? :p

Reaper

Those shoes with those shorts?!?! Are you crazy!!?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

No - but your British. Don't worry - I won't hold it against you.

Reaper

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
You're still not getting it, I look like a hoon/bogan - doesn't mean I am one.

I'm not testifying in court, I'm giving my opinion. I've seen enough red P-platers in modified Commodores to be pretty confident of how the average one drives. It's called an educated guess.

There is a reason why homosexuality is legal and hooning isn't.. just because I used the former to illustrate a point doesn't mean I consider them equivalent. I don't respect hoons, because they don't respect anyone else - I make no apologies for that.

Not being found guilty is not the same thing as being proved innocent, it just means there was insufficient proof to determine guilt. The court didn't say "you didn't do it", it said "we can't say for sure you did it". Important difference.

Also, you keep saying "nice car", which might be your interpretation, but probably wasn't the police's - you almost seem to be suggesting there is an element of jealousy in play here?

So basically you agree with me, driving a NICE CAR doesn't make you a hoon, good.

Opinions mean -****- in court also, you need facts, good.

He wasn't found guilty, in other words, he is innocent as there is no proof, don't get into semantics.

The rest of it is getting off topic, I don't respect hoons either, nor do I know the police's motives, all I know if they were wrong in doing what they did, as was proven in court. :beer chug:

Status
Not open for further replies.