Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VIC: RECOVERED: MY17 SSV Redline Sportwagon AMG156 - Monash University, Clayton, VIC

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
My only car-theft experience was absolutely festooned with stereotypes … Subaru Liberty RS stolen, used in a bank robbery, in Bankstown … and then joy-ridden ‘til it was drifted into the back of a parked semi-trailer when the bank-robbers dumped it.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
There were attempts to steal my LX in 3 different states. No one got it.

1 attempt on my VK. They didn't get it.

1 attempt on my VB. They did get that.

A couple of weeks later, I got a call from the cleaner at a primary school asking if I'd lost my car.

She said they got lots of stolen cars dumped there but never one on bricks with no wheels before.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
She said they got lots of stolen cars dumped there but never one on bricks with no wheels before.
Reminds me at the height of "midnight autos" in the late '70's early '80's before CCTV was a thing, every second Monday morning there would be a used car on the lot with the wheels missing at the dealership I did my apprenticeship. They had a 351 XC Fairmont GXL on the back row and that lost it's bonnet, grill, wheels, seats, console, door trims, steering wheel and instrument cluster over the weekend.

The other good one was stealing 308 inlet manifolds and 4 bbl Rochesters to put on 253's. I got a job card this Monday morning, HJ Premier (used car) won't start. The accelerator pedal was a bit sloppy and opening the bonnet, the only thing left of the intake system were the manifold bolts!

Actually there's a better one I just remembered from the old dealership when they had guard dogs in the rear yard. Someone had jumped the back fence on a Saturday night and when the security guy came to feed his dogs Sunday morning, the Dobermann had this guy bailed up against the fence for several hours and wouldn't let him move. He was a bit of a mess apparently; he'd peed and pooped his pants and threw up all over himself petrified the dog would attack him!

Last edited:

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
any updates on the missing sportwagons? any got one of those faraday or RFID pouches to put your key in, to stop any signals?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Don't hang your keys by the front door, close to where the car is.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Could you set up some kind of electric shock thing for someone stealing a car?

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Don't hang your keys by the front door, close to where the car is.
i dont, but if they follow you in the shopping centre as was suggested in the OP to get a signal from your key fob, i wanted to know if anyone had any sucess with those pouches you put your key in which jams the signal, as thinking might do that as another safety pre caution

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
i dont, but if they follow you in the shopping centre as was suggested in the OP to get a signal from your key fob, i wanted to know if anyone had any sucess with those pouches you put your key in which jams the signal, as thinking might do that as another safety pre caution

Can’t hurt and it just might help stop your car from being stolen.

Definitely no totally foolproof ways to totally secure your car, but those things will make it that bit harder.