Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Stage 4 water restrictions

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I actually got into **** for washing my car :D

Apparently it is illegal to use our final rinse washing machine water to wash my car. I connect the 20 litre bucket into my gerni hose(have a hose fitting in the bucket.

Stage 4 is a joke, if the govt built decent water carriageways we would have alot more water.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
I actually got into **** for washing my car :D

Apparently it is illegal to use our final rinse washing machine water to wash my car. I connect the 20 litre bucket into my gerni hose(have a hose fitting in the bucket.

Stage 4 is a joke, if the govt built decent water carriageways we would have alot more water.

We've hooked up a similar system, although it works like this

The way our house is, you can fully stand under the "ground" floor and it is a kind of basement area come garage come entertainment area come study. Anyway, because it was built as a workshop the builder (prev owner) never bothered to box in the pipes, so my old man (being an ex plumber/gas fitter) has put a kind of "gateway" on the shower drainage pipes, when this is turned, it allows the water to flow into a normal 20Lish bin. From there, it is pumped up through a hole in the wall to outside, where it is deposited into a garden wheely bin (one of the old school ones, not these pissy little red lidded ones) which has two hose outputs on the bottom, and from there, the shower water from both upstairs showers is 100% recycled and used on our garden.

I can get pics if anybody cares

Please excuse the rambling...as of 5 minutes ago i have been awake for 24 hours and still have a day of work ahead of me, subsequently, using a waterless washing product to wash cars:wax:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
boy i get sick of victorians whinging about this, in S.E Queensland were heading into level 5

Where do you think we are heading?

Our water storages are way down and feeding alot more people then you guys.

From what i understand Geelong area is looking into stage 5 very shortly.

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
boy i get sick of victorians whinging about this, in S.E Queensland were heading into level 5

The issue is with the government wasting obscene amounts of money on a temporary swimming pool when there is a perfectly good aquatic centre already here. Better read the posts before replying otherwise you might end up looking like a tool. Nobody whinging about restrictions, only the government's blatant wastage when most of the community is doing the right thing.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
The issue is with the government wasting obscene amounts of money on a temporary swimming pool when there is a perfectly good aquatic centre already here. Better read the posts before replying otherwise you might end up looking like a tool. Nobody whinging about restrictions, only the government's blatant wastage when most of the community is doing the right thing.

Do not forget the 1 million litres + per day to keep flemington pretty :)

NOT.BT1

Bogan pride
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VN exec project vh in the shed
did anybody see the story on 7 news about flemington race course using water nearly 1 million litres of fresh drinking a day

edit: damn you beat me to it minux lol

VSSPak

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VS S Pack
Great, soon we won't even be able to shower ..

BOGANV8

I gotta V8 whoot whoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 02 SS LS1
Man never heard of these water restrictions dont have them here can do whatever we want with water

Our local dam is set for the next 20 yrs