Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vote for our mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline

fabz

I Can Do Science Me
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown V6 VT commodore 5 speed
i LOL'd, this is like 1 year ago or so all over again when the "public" had a back lash against the mods but as was then as is now darren said all was fine so fine it was. Best advice i can serve to people is that if you have a problem, keep it to yourself or change forums. Theres no point posting about how crap the mods are as it will never change and the "public" will never be allow to vote a mod out. I vote (if anything) for this thread to be closed as its a waste of time and will just result in people being banned.

Disclaimer: no minux im not aiming this at you.............for a change. This is a simple opinion and nothing else. That is all.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Minux

I anticipateded that you would be the first moderator to respond to my post. In my opinion (please note, it's only my opinion,) you seem to be the first moderator to respond to any "criticism" levelled towards moderators. You also seemto be the first moderator to step in and delete posts or pontificate to members about the rules of engagement. Other moderators appear to be more tolerant and are less obvious in their adjudications. On this occasion, you seem somewhat sensitive. Perhaps the manner you have displayed both in the past, and in your response to my post above, demonstrates what I was referring to. You sometimes act like a school teacher armed with a big cane, dealing with a bunch of recalcitrant pupils. Do not speak down to members as though they are children. There are many members who are quite adult in their ability to form opinions and express themselves, they don't need to be lectured to.

Your comments regarding the "childish behaviour" of a group of members who displayed their feelings towards a specific member gives the impression that you appear to have one set of values for some, and another set for other members. That specific member has a habit of tossing inflammatory and unrelated comments into threads, usually centred on his personal assets and financial status, on frequent occasions. Clearly, he annoys many members, yet when they vent their feelings about him, they are "childish" and the offender appears to get off scot free with no censure. Because you then make the statements about members maturity and cite the Rules of Engagement to justify such action, instead of applying the rules to the original inflamer, your personal credibility suffers as a consequence.

I trust that this explanation is clear as to why I do not consider you to be a fair moderator. I have no wish to flame or offernd anybody and particularly other moderators, nor to contravene the Rules of Engagement. Nor to leave this forum and move elsewhere. I learn much from it and hope that my experience might be of some benefit to others. I just have a thing about petty officialdom and people entrusted with responsibility who lack the sensitivity to exercise it with discretion.

Last edited:

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
All I can think of to type initially is "lol"... :D

Kudos to all the mods AFAIK. It really is time consuming and totally unfun to be a mod. From what I can tell, ALL of them do a good job! I'm not referring to the state section mods though... We don't have a lot to moderate really, well at least not in the ACT section. It's more of an admin role.

As far as the "CSP incident" - well I was away for a week so unfortunately missed everything that happened although I have been filled in. It's funny how some people take everything so seriously and personally. I never attack people personally, stereotype people or judge people. I say what I think about a topic so if I find something humourous, I laugh. Simple. If I think something is a bad idea, I'll say I think it's a bad idea. It really is quite simple. I'm not forcing people to agree with me. Nothing is ever "centred on his personal assets and financial status" however if I can relate to something, I will explain HOW I can relate to it. Again, quite simple. Bottom line is, I DO NOT break the rules...

Like badaz said, I'm a funny bloke - laid back and FAR from serious. I couldn't give a toss what people think of me or the personal attacks. My favourite saying at the moment (which also applies to me!) "youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, but stupid is forever..."

Nobody FORCES you to visit the JC website. Nobody FORCES you to join. Nobody FORCES you to read it and nobody FORCES you to post. Remember, you always have a choice. As long as the choices you make remain with the rules of the JC website/community - GREAT!!!

Leave it at that... No need to "vote" for mods or anything. If you have a problem with a mod or indeed ANYONE for that matter, you'd be surprised at how easily things can be cleared up via a PM. Failing that, contact another mod or the site owner, or simply leave don't come back!

:thumbsup: CSP

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
I once said, "Do we have mods?",
This was because to me you don't pick up mods that easy, They talk as everyone, They hang **** as everyone else, They blend in nice.

But one thing, You still should be able to know you are talking to a mod with a larger name maybe?, At times it's the hardest thing to pick a mod without seeing moderator in small letters next to there equally small name.

Going on other Forums, Mods are usually larger and bold letters, You don't miss them.

"Example"..

attachment.php

Attachments

• Example.JPG
    Example.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 256

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
The orange name didn't give it away?

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
The orange name didn't give it away?
And my green name?, And your black name?, And others with Purple names?, And then some orange?, And red names, Pink names?, Let's not forget standard blue, Not confusing enough yet?.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
And my green name?, And your black name?, And others with Purple names?, And then some orange?, And red names, Pink names?, Let's not forget standard blue, Not confusing enough yet?.

Simple....
Orange = Moderator
Green = Donating Member
Red = Site Administrator
Blue = Standard member
Black = Cause hes ****ing special?? Nah isnt it because when they first setup the colour change you could choose a colour then they changed it standard green... or maybe hes sleeping with the admin :p

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L

This explain things much.....?

Just Commodores - Show Groups

Has always been at the bottom of the main forum.

Admittedly some of the custom user groups need explaining, but the majority of those are donating members who have picked their own colour.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Simple....
Orange = Moderator
Green = Donating Member
Red = Site Administrator
Blue = Standard member
Black = Cause hes ****ing special?? Nah isnt it because when they first setup the colour change you could choose a colour then they changed it standard green... or maybe hes sleeping with the admin :p

This explain things much.....?

Just Commodores - Show Groups

Has always been at the bottom of the main forum.

Admittedly some of the custom user groups need explaining, but the majority of those are donating members who have picked their own colour.
I know them:D..

But at first most if not almost all were curious as to the colours with names, Including myself.

New members, And even older ones might not pick who is who or who is what,

Anyone under 40 wouldn't read directions, So i can't see many looking past threads:D. They would miss that link down the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.