Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr exec 5spd OR vs esteem ???

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
not in FNQ you couldnt... similar to adelaide i imagine.. can't find a good vt for less than 10 gorillas.

Haze

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
in victoria a decent one is 6-9000 bananas

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Yeah outside syd and vic you can safely add about 10-20% for cars of that vintage..

I was lookin at VSII Calais in adelaide.. best condition one i found was 130k immac for 10K.. found an s/c one in syd with 180k but persistant detailer in the family so always treated nice, full detailed, stock as a rock for just over 9k..

Pete284

Banned
Reaction score
i could never find a vt around here for that price. there's an executive (vt) at a dealership in town for like 12k. so consider yourselves lucky, i can't exactly go up that high. don't like vt's anyway, maybe a vx. so it's either the vr or the vs, i couldn't afford anything else. gonna take the esteem for a drive tomorrow, although i checked it out today and found something... it seems there's a connection in the fuel like that's come loose and disconnected (just behind the drivers rear wheel). dunno if that's what it is for sure, but if i run out of fuel on the test drive i'll know. i'll see if i can get it for a better price first, and then if i like the way it drives, i might take it home. see what happens, if not the vr with full pioneer, 17" vr gts rims, pedders, pacemakers, redback/lukey, CAI and K&N.
it's still the better option?

Haze

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
take it for the drive first. if you like how it goes i'd consider getting it but the vr has got alot of potential for the extra money you have.
but that sucks about the price on vts and stuff over there.
my dad bought a VT berlina for 8,000 here like over a year ago

SaGe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II S-PAK Manual
my mates bro sold his VT S-PAK manual for $17,500 late last year

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
All depends on location and condition... s-pak manual is always going to sell for stacks more..

I'd be lucky to get a ratshit vt for less than $9k.. decent condition for $10k,,

Having said that though... I reckon there are fleets of VX berlinas being sold off.. there are shitloads of them... $13k+.. cheap as.

Pete284

Banned
Reaction score
geez youse got alright prices. i rekkon if i get another car ima have to go down south to get a good price. btw, drove it today goes like a dream, so much less noise than the vr, engine and body. however it heated up real fast, i mean before i left town it was on like 1/4. by the time i got back it was like 1/2 way. it had a service 4000k's ago by holden, but i checked the coolant level and there was like almost nothing left in there, and instead of green it was like brownie/black. normally in the vr i'd get back and the temp would have just moved up one click. other than that, it was a dream to drive, gear changes so smooth, i love everything about it. driving the vr is nothing special, but this is really nice. i'd much rather the vs, so i'll see what i can get for the vr. it's in really good condition, factory 5 spd manual, never been in a prang, full service history. what do you guys rekkon i can get for it? (considering i'm in FNQ). but yea i love the vs.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
see if you can get the dealer to flush the coolant then take it for another drive then, see how it behaves.

Yeah the vs is nice eh ;)

Prices are soooo different in the big smokes... I'm likely to get a car out of syd for 9k that is normally 12k+ in adelaide (if you can even find one).

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
I'd go the VR mate, my first car was an auto vs and you get bored of it so quickly!! Get the VR and throw your spare cash at it, you will regret it otherwise.