Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr exec 5spd OR vs esteem ???

johnnyk

Reaction score
Members Ride
BF V6 Falcon
I'd go for the VR... if u go for the VS I'd be happy to buy the VR off ya :)

Haze

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
man you people need to come down to victoria.
i guarantee you can find good quality VS Calais for less than 6,000.
but yes if you get the VR just pile the rest of the money on it

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Heh yeah I know.. it's painful :( Costs a fortune over here. Less cars on the market so less competition = higher prices.

There's only 2 VSII Calais' for sale in adelaide at the moment (that are listed online at least) and they are both at the same dealer!! $9k for 200 on the clock, 10k for 130k,,, and that's only for ecotecs.

Immac VSII L67 out of syd for $9k... that's more like it!

SaGe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II S-PAK Manual
lol now i know where to sell my car, ill even make profit if i sell it up north

Pete284

Banned
Reaction score
well the vs sold today (not to me) so ima get the vr for $3k. hopefully something else will turn up in the mean time and i hope to get like $5k for the vr then. vs's are real nice to drive, i'm so used to a vr and yea the engines NVH ratio is so much better on the ecotec's. i think i prefer auto, i've never been much for changing gears. the only thing i like it for is really giving it some. you can't drop the clutch on an auto :( but hey i'm thinkin of the fuel i'll be saving (i don't intend to roar a vs around everywhere). Thanks for everything guys, and i'll definently go south for a better buy when i want another car. you know mattman, a vs calais would be like 13k around here atleast (with around 150,000k's). it sucks being up here, and it's been raining for like 3 weeks since that cyclone came through, i'm gettin real sick of it. but yea the vr is in real good nick, so hopefully i can get $5k for it locally in a couple of months when a good vs turns up.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Heh yeah i can beleive that... its crap hey? Like i said though... smaller market = less of the same model selling = no competition to drive prices down.

Now this damn calais i'm looking at might have a minor RMS leak :( just waiting on more details... waiting waiting waiting lol.

Pete284

Banned
Reaction score
the vr was leakin power steering fluid bad (real bad, i mean like fill it up a few times a week) and we thought it might have been leaking from the RMS aswell, turns out it was just power steering that had dripped off and caught on there while we were driving. gave it a good wash down on a hoist, now it's as clean as a whistle, no leaks at all (had to replace high pressure hose). yours prolly isn't as simple as that, but if you don't know where it's comin from that's always a possibility.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
yeah the guy who checked it said either loose sump bolt or RMS leak... getting a more detailed report in the morning hopefully should say if its a slow leak or not.. very slow leak i dont car.. my boss has been driving a vs with a slow RMS leak for 4 years/50,000ks without missing a beat lol.

nsladden

GET UTED
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 Holden VP Ute S 5.0L & 1989 Holden VN 5sp Wag
I would get the VR because where else get you get a Manual VR, 1 owner, for $3000 that hasnt been thrashed to the sh#thouse. Plus you know its been looked after.