Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR V-8 SS

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
1662525748733.jpg

1662525748882.jpg

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
whats the plan for the exhaust now? patch or ?

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
I'll just weld the cracks up and re-install it.
I'm mostly just sad that the coolest muffler in the world isn't bulletproof.
I'm hearing this a lot lately with flowmaster and hooker and most of those American based manufacturers.

Flowmaster (who I used to love) has gone so far downhill apparently the mufflers are only lasting about 6 months these days.

Hooker is still meant to be much better in terms of build quality but they are apparently using cheaper materials these days which won't last as long overall, at least yours hasn't disintegrated internally.

I've heard that the cone in the middle of them that distributes the flow can come loose and rattle around.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
I'm hearing this a lot lately with flowmaster and hooker and most of those American based manufacturers.

Flowmaster (who I used to love) has gone so far downhill apparently the mufflers are only lasting about 6 months these days.

Hooker is still meant to be much better in terms of build quality but they are apparently using cheaper materials these days which won't last as long overall, at least yours hasn't disintegrated internally.

I've heard that the cone in the middle of them that distributes the flow can come loose and rattle around.
Without checking back through this thread, I feel like it is 10years since I fitted it.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
For a non stainless product thats been daily driven, I'd call that a win.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Without checking back through this thread, I feel like it is 10years since I fitted it.
It has done its job then

It's arse when a part only last a few months, or days sometimes

I had a big name, big dollar turbo exhaust manifold last 1 day at the track before cracking a weld at the flange, it was replaced with a custom steam pipe one from a local fabricator that was still in the car years, and lots of track days, later

Reactions: Lex