Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr V6 Engine Blew up??

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Thanks for that guys, much appreciated:) Now for dragging blokes on the street ,you recommend red back 2.5 inch or just stock? just in mind i got pacemaker extractors?

you sir are a tool, what will u do if u crashed and kill some innocent family? think about that next time before you go "dragging blokes on the street"

clazzza commy

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 vr executive wagon
hahahahaha 333 million k's,commy r good but ****,lol hahahahah pretty sure u would mean 333,000 (333 thousand) mate

BoNeZ-01

"..of mice and men.."
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 50th Anniversary
I'm guessing you mean the primary's, where they *bolt up to the heads, are 1 3/4? But that sounds about right anyway.
I've had a quick search, but I haven't actually been able to find exactly what the Ecotec's exhaust manifold port size is.
I've had a really **** weekend, so I'm too tired to search any more tonight.. lol
Just measure the inside diameter at the end of the Y pipe I think it's called, where it all comes in to one pipe, that outlet should probably between 2.5" to 3".
Then just buy a Cat that has the same size input to match, as well as 2.5" output size, to match your 2.5" system. :)

Last edited:

mr_kreative

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim 3.8L
ok thanks heaps for your help guys, just need 1 more option and that is should i put red back ,Stirling or lukey exhuast system?? for performance and note wise with 2 mufflers.. and will i get better performance with 2.25 or 2.5 as my car is still stock with lsd, 3:4:5 gears ,pacemakers extractors and i wana get high ratio roller rockers soon, and maybe bigger throttle body

1SIKR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK -Project-, VX R8 Clubsport
this thread has been going for ages and last time i checked you had no idea what motor you wanted to put in .. now you got no idea on what exhaust you want ... NOW

who cares about what brand, there all names ... best to look at the price, there all going to do the same if your just gonna " drag blokes off on the street " - attract attention from the men in blue

just put a 2 and a half inch system on with the two mufflers with your extractors and you will notice a difference ok =)

mr_kreative

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim 3.8L
Should i get di filipo or redback exhaust? whats the difference?

BoNeZ-01

"..of mice and men.."
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 50th Anniversary
More than likely the only real difference would be more in price than anything else, I've seen Redback on eBay, and I'm guessing Di Filipo would be the dearer one.

MrWooFarkinHoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Exec BT1
you sir are a tool, what will u do if u crashed and kill some innocent family? think about that next time before you go "dragging blokes on the street"

Agrees with the above without question - you want to race? don't register your car (or register it and run super street) and rebuild it for the drag strip, simple. You want a street car that looks nice and sounds nice, well there are plenty of posts on here. I crewed on drag cars for over 15 years (Doorslammer) and you would not believe the every day streeter the owner drove - a 6 cylinder cortina 20 years old.

Locksmiff

Reaction score
Agrees with the above without question - you want to race? don't register your car (or register it and run super street) and rebuild it for the drag strip, simple. You want a street car that looks nice and sounds nice, well there are plenty of posts on here. I crewed on drag cars for over 15 years (Doorslammer) and you would not believe the every day streeter the owner drove - a 6 cylinder cortina 20 years old.
Who gives a rats clacker. It has no relivance to the thread.