Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr V8 into Vn NOT STARTING :( :(

CalaisLove

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
Vn calais / Vl Sl
Yeah the mechanic used the auto loom and changed it to the manual by bridging it.. If his done it wrong could that somehow make my car not start?

It's cranking and firing but just not kicking over

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
You said in the op that your using the auto memcal in manual.. Could this be the problem?

CalaisLove

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
Vn calais / Vl Sl
I've been told its not a problem.. Not to educated on memcals though. I've got a Vn manual memcal coming next week just so I can rule that one out

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Just thought I would ask.. How bright is the spark and what color is the spark as well?

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
ive read in other threads that theres no difference with auto and manual computers for vn vp. then in threads like this people are saying computers are different.. or is there no difference with the v6's and the 8's are...

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Earth wires all connected up properly? There should be a Earth strap going from the Alternator to the body and also a earth near the power steering pump/water pump. Is the Hall Effect sensor still good? Are you 100% sure the leads are going in the right direction on the Dizzy? They can have the strongest spark in the world but if they aren't in the right firing order then there will be no kick over, just a crank.

CalaisLove

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
Vn calais / Vl Sl
Alternator isn't on my car but my mechanic said all earths are on. He said the dizzy is pulsing.. Would it still pulse if the hall sensor was dead? All the leads are in there correct order.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
youve done a manual conversion... bridged the park neutral switch? you didnt mention it so i thought id throw it out there...

This was my thought too. Double check that this is done right, I had a mate who did it wrong and spent a week trying to figure out why his car wouldn't start after a manual conversion

Edit: Just realised if its cranking then that's probably not the issue