Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR V8 leaking fluid from exhaust

bck2basics

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vl Calais
Nah it doesn't. Havnt really noticed anyway. I have just gone to the wreckers and got a replacement iat sensor as I'm told my one is dead, a second hand Oxy to test and a fuel pressure dampner thing that goes on the inlet side of the fuel rail, will install all these in the next couple of days and see how I go with a log.

jgtoranalc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Statesman VR HSV 5L, Holden Torana LC
I think there is one check you can do with the Fuel Pressure Regulator... Just remove the Vacuum Hose and if Fuel leaks from it then its faulty...Simply Replace it.

bck2basics

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vl Calais
Yeah I did do that last night, didn't smell of fuel or leak fuel even when I turned on the ignition and let the pump prime

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
It sounds like water more than fuel. When you put some on your finger, you can tell the difference between water and fuel. If the cats are working efficiently, then you will get condensation out the back.

Take a small sample from the puddle away from the car and see if it lights up with a flame, if it does, then it's obviously fuel, but my money is on water.

Get the cooling system pressure tested, and if it tests fine, it may be just condensation.

DavoVP

Reaction score
350 to a tank in a 5l is about normal for around town.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
350 to a tank in a 5l is about normal for around town.

Not in mine. I'm getting low 430-450 to the fuel light and that has dropped off a bit in recent months when I was getting 450+. If I was only getting 350 I would be worried.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
After the car is warm and you have gone for a short 2min drive to get all the condensation out the exhaust. Just get some one to rev the car and hold your hand out flat a few inch's from the tip of the exhaust so whatever is coming out can stick nicely to your open hand. If it wipes off like water, then its water. If it goes oily and smells like strong fuel, then its fuel. Raw fuel will look misty and white if there is ship loads being dumped out the exhaust. However if your car is running super rich I would think you would smell it when you were sitting at a set of traffic lights ect...