Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs executive 1996 ECOTEC

beaker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
Damn, that sucks, bad luck bro.
Good old towbar saves the day! hopefully it's not worse than it looks... i think the accident knocked the clear coat right off your mags.. aye :hmmm:

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
Haha, thanks mate. yeh I climbed under the car today and it appears only the plastic bumper is damaged :D

Lol I think my exhaust pipe went though his radiator, but I feel sorry for him. he was following me for a while and I could tell he was in a hurry. He was heading home to get changed and go to Auckland to pick someone up from the airport. He has another car though, that was just his run around. his other car is a commodore!

Here is my finished rims, I decided to take off the black paint too. I think it looks better.
004-4.jpg

Attachments

• 003-1.jpg
    003-1.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 298
  • 002-1.jpg
    002-1.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 325

beaker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
nice one, they look heaps tidier without the black on the inner lip or spoke edges.

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
Big service this week

: oil/filter
:fuel filter
:tyres (rears lol)
:Brake rotors

My oil was utterly disgusting, I want to change it a while ago but money wasnt there. 11000K's between services I dont want to do too many of those in the future. Fuel filter was the most fun. Seeing as i was working under the car with it on axle stands I thought I would de-pressurise the fuel system. i unplugged the fuel pump, then started the car. it idled for 5 seconds and died. so I climbed under and pulled the filter off and got a reasonable amount of fuel on my face and in my eyes, the fuel was still under about 10psi and pissed everywhere...... after I rinsed my eyes and washed my face I removed the filter still keeping the filter full of petrol and tipped it into a jam jar out the input side of the filter, for educational purposes. Man I couldn't believe the amount of dirt....
I got some second hand rear tyres. The guy said $150 fitted. I said bugger I wasnt born yesterday, I can buy new ones for that much! He then explained that was for the pair lol Im happy they are A-symmetrical so I can swap them over when the drivers side tyre wears :idea:
Then i got so nice Brembo brake rotors, not slotted or anything. $109 each, that was at BNT. Repco wanted $120+ for some other ones and they diddnt even know what size I needed! I began fitting them today but it started to rain and I couldn't get them off. I tend to hammer first ask questions later ( I worked in a tractor workshop ) But turns out I was right lol Sounds like hubs are dear though so I wont go too crazy! I didnt get new pads because the reason Im replacing the rotors is because I machined them but left hand side went under tolerances and sings strange songs to my when I brake hard or go down long hills! I put in new pads when i machined them, I will give them a quick scuff on the concrete for good measure.

So now shes all ready to go for a year of polytech (same as TAFE, more or less) doing second year automotive.

LS1 James

Donates His Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II GEN3 V8 Wagz
Is that a large chunk of tree holding up your subs....................? :hmmm:

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
Yeh my mate was helping me put it in. he found it on the ground so we threw it in and left it. Its the top of a fencing post! But its not holding up my subz, I have a tie down doing that job. still half ass I know.

I need to build an encloser, that box is far too big, but it sounds good! bought it second hand. Had a special surprise in it too. CHILDRENS TOYS!

I got

-one sippy cup
-a deck of toy story trump cards
-1 golf ball -and two ping pong balls ( fun to put in the ports and watch them dance!)

Last edited:

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
I made some noises on the forum I was getting bad fuel economy 11.5L/100k (highway driving). So someone suggested I change the fuel filter, as stated above. Any way so i made a tip up to Auckland to pick up some wheel Mr. VBRED and i are going halves in. Thats about a 500K trip there and back. First 100km I could feel thee odd shudder every now and again so I stopped in town and checked the wheel nuts because I just had my rear tyres changed, nope tight as. started the car up and gave it a rev in neutral, grumpy as. Didn't take me thirty seconds to find that I was because a spark plug lead wasn't on properly, so then I rectified the problem carried on my way laughing.

500km's later I filled up, ran the numbers........ 8.4L/100K!! pretty awesome considering the misfire!

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
Took the car into the panel beaters today for inspection. Everythings algood should be restored to her former glory within the next few weeks.

This week I bought one of these.
004-5.jpg

Out with the old cracked and rattling muffler, in with glass pack Coby. Now I have left the car with the standard piping. Why? because I'm a tin arse and I haven't done any major work to the engine anyway so I want to keep the power band as low as possible. A few months ago I had chopped out the rear muffler and replaced that with a glass pack too, but I used a 2,5in coby off the back of the diff with 2.5in pipe out the back. Purely so the tail pipe dosent look like a pea shooter and I think cannons are gay. so essentially I have a straight though system, but its not loud at all. I took my car to the work shop and we tested the sound level 87db, yee ha! I expect this to increase because these coby tend to sound louder after a few weeks as soot accumulates in the resonator.
The job went off without a hitch, I usually hate making exhausts with the car on stands, but this system was really easy to work on. I hope my gas welds hold, In my experience the gas makes stuff a bit brittle but Im confident it should hold (no butt welds lol)

Im happy with how it sounds, I wont post a video but it has a nice VAAAAAARP sound and a nice deep quite drone around town, but it doesnt give me a head ache at highway speed but that could change in the coming weeks!

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
I have leant to Photoshop! so I made my car Bogan. I like the tint though.

Sackedcoomo.png

Last edited: