Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs executive 1996 ECOTEC

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
Not bad but id ditch the big tree stump under the subs lol….. Other then that it aint to bad..

Haha I right, like a say it does nothing. My mate threw it in there so I left it. either going to get one 15" or the next model up Fusion subs with box, they look lower. im not happy with the current setup but in makes my ears hurt so its good lol

Been running 98 (was going to the drags but rained off) used bugger all gas and I have been very heavy on the gas. Imagine what it can do if I pussy foot it? lol

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5speed With ecotec conversion
Haha I right, like a say it does nothing. My mate threw it in there so I left it. either going to get one 15" or the next model up Fusion subs with box, they look lower. im not happy with the current setup but in makes my ears hurt so its good lol

Been running 98 (was going to the drags but rained off) used bugger all gas and I have been very heavy on the gas. Imagine what it can do if I pussy foot it? lol

lol yeh the ecotecs are pretty good on fuel if they are running really good especially premium… i cant wait to put my ecotec in my car gonna be so much better then the rough ass buick lol

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
lol yeh the ecotecs are pretty good on fuel if they are running really good especially premium… i cant wait to put my ecotec in my car gonna be so much better then the rough ass buick lol

They are only as economical as you drive them lol The best thing about them, as like you said. Lots of after market stuff for them, but my favourite thing about the ecotec is that you can change shift points and how hard you want it to change with the memcal.

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
Dropped it off at the panel beaters today.

getting new:
bumper.
boot seal.
boot fixed.
tow bar fixed.

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
All fixed up, well thats what i thought until I got home and saw a huge scratch and flaked off paint on the front bumper! Ran down there the next day and asked them nicely to fix it, but they wouldn't take responsibility. Then we came to an agreement and they touched it up and gave me a small bottle of the touch up paint, all sorted :thumbsup:

001-5.jpg

Scored some Calais lights from pick a part for $50, wicked!

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
I have figured out my issue now (Engine staying in open loop), one of the o2 sensors is stuffed. So that is a relief, at $130 a pop they ain't cheap!

Last night my mate and i went to the the drags. this was my first ever run down the strip and My best run:

R/T: 1.023
60: 2.675
330:7.165
1/8 10.846
KmH: 108.06
1000: 13979
1/4: 16.640
KmH: 135.74

I was disappointed in these times, I hoped to be in the high 15's at least, but what can you expect with a dud o2 sensor!! My reaction time improved throughout the night and the 1/4 time when down. Between my first and second run I lost a entire second on my 1/4....... After my practise I left the car to cool for an hour and opted not to do the burnout. But more fail! my first completive run I had wheel spin at the start ( Blame that on the cold tires and the kidiots that did burnouts past the trees with street tyre's -.-) Panicked on my shift from 1st to D, tapping the button as I did it making go into Neutral -.- when I slammed it into drive the wheels spun up and I was surprise it didn't go into limp home mode!

There was a really good Commodore turn out too, shame you couldn't make it Jaymz!

beaker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
Did you remove any weight? Like your spare wheel, subs and chopping block for racing?
Cos that extra weight will cost a little bit.
If you got wheel spin at the start, try a little burnout before stage, just to clean/dry the tyres after driving thru the water trap.
Good to hear it's all fixed again.
Ride height in your photochop looks good :)

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
Nah just left everything in. It was a long drive up so I wanted some in car entertainment, Probably rip it all out next time. Rear seats, subs and tyre etc. My tutor at polytech said he might be able to score me some semi-slick tyres too!

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Nice mate, looking good, great mileage too, mine sat around 14 on the way to bunbury and back :/