Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT kicks over just wont start!!

GKW

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SSV & 1999 VT SS SII
I had this issue a while back...was it the ignition ring, fuel pump etc etc???

In the end it was the ECU relay which was / had shat itself but there was no apparent signs without removing the relay and seeing some slight burning on the base of the pins. $25.00 later and a new ECU relay and all fixed. Still pissed off at the dollars and time wasted beforehand.

jono020200

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore
clearly, the only guy on here that has any sense of fixing the issue is PRAVX II S. Hitting the starter motor with a hammer when the engine can turn over is as stupid as hitting yourself on the head with a hammer. Pravx II S first post has more than likely got the answer for you, only he should have listed the electronic engine control relay as the first thing that needs to be checked, just go and buy another one for twenty bucks from autobarn or wherever, the relay is like a fuse for the engine and then follow the rest of his advice, 'If there is no spark it can be the DFI module/CAS or even the EFI relay. I mean for heavens sake's guys

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
clearly, the only guy on here that has any sense of fixing the issue is PRAVX II S. Hitting the starter motor with a hammer when the engine can turn over is as stupid as hitting yourself on the head with a hammer. Pravx II S first post has more than likely got the answer for you, only he should have listed the electronic engine control relay as the first thing that needs to be checked, just go and buy another one for twenty bucks from autobarn or wherever, the relay is like a fuse for the engine and then follow the rest of his advice, 'If there is no spark it can be the DFI module/CAS or even the EFI relay. I mean for heavens sake's guys

First off the OP posted 10 years ago so he probably got it sorted out by now.
You have to remember that everyone is not an expert like you and they are simply offering advice to try and help the guy who at no stage said he had no spark, so some of the other suggestions might have been right, we'll never know.

jono020200

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore
First off the OP posted 10 years ago so he probably got it sorted out by now.
You have to remember that everyone is not an expert like you and they are simply offering advice to try and help the guy who at no stage said he had no spark, so some of the other suggestions might have been right, we'll never know.
I guess I wrote this for others who will follow with the same problem; as the cars get older the more people will experience the same problem and end up reading the thread, obviously the person's fixed the issue but many, many others will follow, and i can't remember the tread but i thought there was no spark that was the issue. I think i remember reading some of your threads and i thought you were on the money with what you had to say, cheers