Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT kicks over just wont start!!

magoo

magoo
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS
Have you taken it to a mechanic, i reckon it a old kill switch thats been disconected and not totally removed and intermitting ,thats what happend to my ss and it had the same dramas .it most likely not it but just a thought

B1OHZRD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina
It could also be the harmonic balancer sensor, try pouring water over it and then try starting it.

-_-"

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Have you taken it to a mechanic, i reckon it a old kill switch thats been disconected and not totally removed and intermitting ,thats what happend to my ss and it had the same dramas .it most likely not it but just a thought

No, not yet. and don't think it's kill switch as i asked previous owner when i bought the car

Thanks anyway :)

It could also be the harmonic balancer sensor, try pouring water over it and then try starting it.

no, don't think so cause it only happened in the cold morning

Thanks anyway :)

scottysvtcommie

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz calais
hya mate i just recently had a similar problem, car would crank over easy but wouldn't fire n some times it would, it was mainly in the cold mornings and nights it was worse but it turned out to be my fuel pump relay under the bonnet was stuffed, so it wasn't pumping fuel thru so wasn't firing. try swapping your relay with the horn one and see if it works than, i had holden and lock smiths telling me it was my ignition barrel sensor or my key not reading etc but i checked a few other things and found out it was just a cheep relay not a $400 job to get my key and ignition barrel sensors etc replaced.

cheers scott

Camo_03

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ R8 Maloo 297
your injectors could be rooted, cos sounds the same as what i had, and i just wasnt getting any fuel into the engine.

-_-"

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
hya mate i just recently had a similar problem, car would crank over easy but wouldn't fire n some times it would, it was mainly in the cold mornings and nights it was worse but it turned out to be my fuel pump relay under the bonnet was stuffed, so it wasn't pumping fuel thru so wasn't firing. try swapping your relay with the horn one and see if it works than, i had holden and lock smiths telling me it was my ignition barrel sensor or my key not reading etc but i checked a few other things and found out it was just a cheep relay not a $400 job to get my key and ignition barrel sensors etc replaced.

cheers scott
Thanks mate, i'll check that

your injectors could be rooted, cos sounds the same as what i had, and i just wasnt getting any fuel into the engine.
This is what i thought, how much did it cost you to change a set of injectors?

cheers

braddz93

Reaction score
Members Ride
Red 1999 V6 VT Commodore
still havnt got it going, just noticed that nothing comes up on the lcd screen in the dash it just glows the usual green but nothing comes up, is this a sign of some sort? thanks

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
You could have a Clogged Fuel Filter.

Your Coils or DFI moduel could be stuffed

TPS or MAF Could be stuffed, try giving your throttle body a clean with some Carby and Throttle Body Cleaner

Check for a Spark on all Cylinders, Take the end off at the Spark plugs, put a long screw driver in there and get someone to see if there are sparks coming out.

ECU could also be buggered, Check all your Fuses and also Vacuum Lines.

Also Check your Air Flow Sensor. This could very well be buggered.