Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt Paddock basher backyard mods

V6Q

Reaction score
Members Ride
HQ ute with v6 commodore motor, gbox and diff
I can highly recommend a roll cage in any paddock basher.

It's amazing how good of a driver you think you are when there is nothing to hit... then whoops too fast too sharp and over she goes...
ive though about it, shes pretty low in the ass end i think it might have been lowered dont know, im not that concerned i really only go around my track around the sheds, ive done the same in my standard vh 202/auto with no troubles, had her whip round a few times on the damp grass, its a completely different feeling whip in this then the old girl
Just pull the airbag fuse
which one is it?

V6Q

Reaction score
Members Ride
anyway heres a few photos i havent got a view of the car not on the car trailer i allways forget until its dark lol
20120617_132320.jpg

20120622_182654.jpg

interior needs clean but its a paddock basher so who cares anyway, good that all the doors open, my old girl only the drivers would, passenger front stuffed up and wouldnt shut so i wired it around the pillar, couldnt open the back door then, and the drivers back was hit and miss lol
20120622_182718.jpg

heres my first proper mod, was reading and a few blokes on here reckoned that stuff all air got into the cai, so problem solved, can hear it sucking now, btw the bonnet was stuffed before the adjustment lol
20120622_182159.jpg

V6Q

Reaction score
Members Ride
this is the old girl, bonnet was used for a paint rack a few times lol
P1030721.jpg

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
Buggered if I can remember sorry, read the fuse label diagram?

V6Q

Reaction score
Members Ride
righto ill have a look tommorow

V6Q

Reaction score
Members Ride
ok ive decided to disconnect the traction control, is it unusual for the vt to not have abs i took this little cover expecting to find the abs only to find burrs and dead grasshoppers? is it meant to be like that its a 98 model i pulled a few bits of a vr at the wreckers and it had abs?

V6Q

Reaction score
Members Ride
owell dont need abs anyway, i had the right oil to top her up, i thought about doing that to mine but the one ive done now will be good enough for now, heres a few better photos
20120623_140539.jpg

20120623_140510.jpg

Last edited:

I8.A4.RE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY LS1 - LANCER MY10 - VE UTE
heres my first proper mod, was reading and a few blokes on here reckoned that stuff all air got into the cai, so problem solved, can hear it sucking now, btw the bonnet was stuffed before the adjustment lol

Careful not to suck any dust down it's throat. Could prematurely kill it and that equals no fun.