Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT - VZ Steering Wheel Stereo Controls

holden boy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx s
yeah how is this all going would love one to hook up to a head deck that is ipod ready .
not sure what head deck yet but don't want it to be a crap looking one or one that looks to flashy i just want it with 2 or 3 rca outputs any ideas ??

orthaeeoul

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exucutive S2 3.8 2004
hey alien, how u go with that unit?
any luck of it working with a pioneer 5950?
cheers.

Reaction score
Members Ride
00' WH Stato LS1 A4
Doesn't the CAT10 work with VZ - VZ commodores?

THE CAT

Says so on the site?

This is what i'll be getting if i can be bothered.

Unless someone has a cheaper option :wax:

EDIT: ah yes, just noticed the OP said (without having to pay 150-250$) -- This is the situation i am in now :), I want my steering wheel controls, but not sure i can justify $400 installed or $200 for the cat10, standalone.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
This was a good find. I have a Clarion in my VT with the steering wheel controls. Would be good to be able to use them with this HU. Any update on the board?

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Ooh, sorry about not replying sooner. I've been held up working pretty much 7 days a week for the past few months. And now i'm back at uni and working the other days. I havn't forgotten about this.

Updates:
Still working on it, but it's more complete since last time. My manual transmission arrived which needs a very simple variation of this, so when that's done i can then work on the controls.

Like i said in a post earlier, first version will be units which will accept hard wired connections only. Then expanded in future to have IR transmissions for the other units.

teno45

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Berlina
applogies for writing on an old thread...

Alien, just wondering if your able to send me a copy of the wiring diagram for what you've got. (if you decided to write it down instead of keeping it in your head)

Im looking at doing some mods to the cd player/steering wheel controls. basically putting in an little circuit to control my iPod from the steering wheel controls and amplifying/slitting the iPod audio over the 4 car speakers. im just thinking your diagram may save me hours of research and poking with a multimeter at my car...

Thanks if you can help!

Luke0011

Car Audio Installer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina 2005
hurry up alien, ill take 20 of em. how much you planning on selling them for

pancakes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Equipe S2
hey mate, just wondering if you are still doing these, cause i really dont wanna pay $250 - $300 on a cat10 change over box

statement

reaching new limits
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY/VZ Calais/Tonner
i'm intrested to know can you make one to suit the jvc unit with the RM-RK230 remote for a Vy? cheers