Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX acclaim: Problem with a dealer PLS help

doobs

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VY LS1 Berlina Wagon
From the info in the thread, you have a 01 VX Acclaim, The reason I'm sure its an acclaim are:
*The RTA says it is
*You have 4 airbags (Acclaim's, Berlina's, Ect have SRS Airbag on the passenger dash, EXECs have commodore)
*You have all the power options except climate control.

If you were happy with an Exec for $8000 with 175k ks, then you got a free upgrade.

Why are you so worried about the boot? its just a berlina boot, as people have said, probly replaced due to a spoiler or something...

Is it worth getting another? by the sounds of it, you have to sell this one to get another anyway...Whats to say the next one you look at is in any better nick.

just my 2c
Daniel

SuperchargedVX2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX11 S Supercharged
Fake Executive

I certainly wouldn't be too worried about the stack issue. The dealer may not have known it was stacked either and took it as is as a Trade In. If you want to be sure it's not stacked buying a new car is the only way. I suggest most if not all used cars have been stacked at least once. You won't get your money back for that or the fact it has a diffent boot. It is not a safety issue so it is Buyer beware. The Acclaim is the next model up and known as the "safety car", so you got all airbags, ABS etc as standard. If it is a VX then you will have the basic things wrong with it. Leaking rocker cover gaskets. Cost about $20 bucks each (two) to replace. The dashboard clip on the little flap will be stuffed. Easy to fix for $14 from Holden dealer. Pull facia and it pops out. Rear map pockets wil be stuffed. Not designed for street directories. $40 for map pocket kit from dealer. The seat trim inside will be ordinary. Can buy original trim from Air International in Tullamarine Melbourne by supplying trim code from under hood. Frayed seatbelts is another one. New $120 from Holden dealer. Look, you bought a second hand car. If you want, buy a new boot and make it original. I expect you have the wrong taillights Ha Ha. No-one will notice except you. Lets face it, you are talking about ripping it up with other stuff so it's gonna look like a heap of **** when you're finished anyway.

djlingard

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Just looking at the car it has after market mags wheels on it it also has a big exhaust tip and i would say they have just changed the boot for looks. Probably just some one trying to do up a mock berlina. Most young commodore drivers get the vx berlina garnish to get closer to the clubsport look.

If your that worried about the boot why not question the rims because they are not original either. For all anyone knows he could of side swiped a gutter and buckeld the rims as well.

Cars are repairable so why be too worried if it has been in a ding before, as long as it was a decent panel beater it all should be fine.