Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VT-VX] VX Commodore Service How To Detailed

aussieakito

Holden Dealer Master Tech
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Manual VY SS2, 2005 Rolla Sportivo
By hand do you mean with any tools. Might need it a tad tighter then what you can do with just your actual hands

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
I Only ever do them up by hand, You dont need any tools. Being to tight can distort it and warp it causing it to leak, I Put them on, Turn will its firm, then another 1/3 a turn its more then enough. Then you can remove it with hands next time round. Never had a problem. And Yes the gasket is part of the Filter, Hence I never mentioned anything about it. Some filters do leak if they have a damaged gasket from the factory, My Last GM one has a damaged Gasket.

Clovance

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2, built 1999, 3.8l V6
So what would u suggest me? Get a new filter? Is it possible to remove the "old" filter and install the new one without draining the while oil?

djdomohudson

Mad frogs
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Sedan / VE International Sportwagon
Far out just reading about economy I generally get about 540km / tank and thats a mixture of both city driving and motorway driving... New fuel filter time! Plus its beginning to make sense as to why I might be losing fuel pressure... Dang?!! Good write up Edals, and thanks for posting :)

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
So what would u suggest me? Get a new filter? Is it possible to remove the "old" filter and install the new one without draining the while oil?

it's accepted practice and always has been to replace filter and oil at the same time.

webbiegareth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
"I Highly Recommend to purchase the fuel filter removal tool, As the Clips on the Fuel filter are very easy to break and you will need to replace the Whole fuel line to the.
I Bought This Kit from Auto barn,"

The picture no longer works, but I bought the same kit:

Stanley A/C & Fuel Line Disconnect Set - 7 Piece - Supercheap Auto Australia

There are no instructions on how to use this thing. Before I even attempt this, can anyone guide me what the hell I do with these? Exactly what do I need to do with this thing to get the fuel lines off the filter?

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
The Tool Clips around the Fuel Line, then side the tool into the Fitting.

webbiegareth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
The Tool Clips around the Fuel Line, then side the tool into the Fitting.

I'm going to have to be spoon fed on this one... on the fuel line on filter side of the connector, or the other?

(I haven't actually looked at it under the car yet, but am going to do it this Saturday - I've changed the oil / oil filter / air filter / sparks already, just need to do the fuel filter now).

webbiegareth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
Okay it clearly goes on one way only - on the fuel filter side, and it seems to slide into the quick release connector - sort of. I have no freaking idea out to actually unplug the thing from the filter though. There must be a trick that I'm missing here... has anyone seen any videos of this being done? I pushed on the tool clip into the connector, tried pushing the connector forward then back etc but I can't see how the tool clip actually works.

I tried sliding it under the connector, but it didn't go in very far. Are you supposed to jam it in hard to get it all the way in?

(that's what she said! boom tish)

Once you've slide the tool into the connector, then what? Does the connector just release when you pull it back? Or are you still supposed to push it forward and squeeze on the connector, then pull it back? I didn't do much as I was too scared I'd break something.

DavesCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
I CBF reading this to see where your up too.. You want yo know how to remove the inline fuel filter on a vt-vx yeah?

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2