Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vx ss ls1 fuel economy

OLS108

MR Helpful
Reaction score
Members Ride
Stockish VX Berlina
I average currently 11.3 with all city driving. Average speed of 43 km/h. this is based on about 1500 km's.(Lets see those V6 guys get economy like that and make the same power :D)

When im doing hwy + city average is well below 10, I am able to do 4 return trips to Melbourne quite easily and i live on the wrong side of geelong when it comes to going to melb. If you buy any LSx make sure you have it tuned, else you are just pouring money down the drain.

thats awesome, wish i was able to tune to that kinda economy

Tony.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII SS
I average currently 11.3 with all city driving. Average speed of 43 km/h. this is based on about 1500 km's.(Lets see those V6 guys get economy like that and make the same power :D)

When im doing hwy + city average is well below 10, I am able to do 4 return trips to Melbourne quite easily and i live on the wrong side of geelong when it comes to going to melb. If you buy any LSx make sure you have it tuned, else you are just pouring money down the drain.

:bang:

why do i own a 6?!

Ripcell

R8 FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
324rwkw MY06 VZ R8 Maloo M6
i average 12.4 in mine, im getting it tuned in september, whats the realistic fuel economy gain after a mafless tune?

PJ5700

Driving the dream
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
I just got a cat back sports system on my SS. I haven't done measure but I notice that power and torque are lots better and fuel economy is also better.
My SS is better on the juice than my 4WD.

Davidcoolaye

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
I don't wanna sound like an idiot or anything but where would I get it tuned? Im upgrading from my VX acclaim and getting a VX calais with an ls1. I live in the ACT aswell.