Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Alarm/Key Issues

noisegazelle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
Hey was wondering if anyone could shed some light on my problem its similar to this.

Woke up in the morning I pressed the unlock button on my key but didnt work. I then unlocked the door with the key and opened the door and the alarm went off. So I put the key in the ignition turned the key its turning over but wont start.

ive tried disconnecting the battery but didnt work.

Any ideas of whats wrong?

I'm having the exact same problem. Remote doesnt work. Key opens door but alarm goes off when I open the door. Key turns over but engine wont start and it sets the alarm off again

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
open car put key in and start, sometimes it also helps if you have the ignition on and operate the buttons with the door closed it resyncs with the car, sons did this, wouldn't open with main (newer gen key)so got spare went to holdens and that's what they did, been good ever since, first one or two posts in here say the same thing

sv6_06

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ MY06 SV6
I owned 3 different VZ commodores many years ago, 2x SV6 sedans and 1x SS ute. All 3 of the cars did this intermittently. All 3 were under warranty and not one was deemed faulty by Holden. Its perfectly normal

A9L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1
The transponder batteries don't recharge from being in the ignition.

I've had it happen once but was parked under high-voltage lines so I put it down to that or aliens :/

If you're a conspiracy theorist, blame it on the illuminati...