Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz help

carl1965

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt
hi all

noticed today that if i put my foot down to overtake the car feels like its miss firing any ideas

ie plugs, coil pack, ???????

any help would be great

cheers carl

mattsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SENATOR
Hey mate,

Yep you are on the money, a misfire is usually going to be either your plugs or coil packs. How many ks has your car done. Is it a v6 or v8? Have your plugs been replaced?

carl1965

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt
Hey mate,

Yep you are on the money, a misfire is usually going to be either your plugs or coil packs. How many ks has your car done. Is it a v6 or v8? Have your plugs been replaced?

hi thanks for your reply
car is a standard v6 exec with 119000ks and i dont think the plugs have been replaced but we are the second owners of the car

kizza50

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim S2
Why would you ask a question you know the answer to? A misfire has got to do with ignition, so why not go spend 25$ on plugs an see if that fixes it? If that doesn't, check for a difference in resistance in the leads. If that doesn't eliminate it u can start looking at coil pack

carl1965

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt
Why would you ask a question you know the answer to? A misfire has got to do with ignition, so why not go spend 25$ on plugs an see if that fixes it? If that doesn't, check for a difference in resistance in the leads. If that doesn't eliminate it u can start looking at coil pack

sorry to ask for others advice but i thought a forum was based on sharing with others your knowledge and advice
the reason for my question is that it only happens when i put the foot down
it seems fine at idle this is why im a bit unsure

kizza50

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim S2
Again..... U stated as ur knowledge misfires are from ignition related such as plugs, it's not un common for a spark plug to seem fine at idle but under load failing due to a weak electrode

mattsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SENATOR
the reason for my question is that it only happens when i put the foot down
it seems fine at idle this is why im a bit unsure

I had the exact same issue mate, the misfire would only happen on about 70% or more throttle. I replaced the spark plugs but the problem ended up being the coils. I bought a new set from ebay and replaced them myself which solved the problem. I would say start with new plugs and go from there...

VZCALAIS190

Reaction score
Members Ride
Barbados Mica VZ Calais
Alloytecs have no leads mate. Best to change plugs to start off with then see how it goes, if that doesn't fix it it'll definately be one of your coil packs. A scan will give you an idea of which one is buggered.

kizza50

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim S2
Alloytecs have no leads mate. Best to change plugs to start off with then see how it goes, if that doesn't fix it it'll definately be one of your coil packs. A scan will give you an idea of which one is buggered.

That's correct I thought we were talking about eco's for some reason :s