Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz SV6 stalls once when starting after being driven, then fine.

VZ04SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 A5 IMPULSE BLUE
When I start the car after it's been driven for a while it will start briefly and then stop. Next time I crank it it's fine. It's been only doing it once for a while now and never stalls when driving, only when switched off and back on when warmed up.
Recently, after not driving for a few weeks, it wouldn't crank at all twice then started fine. After I drove it 5 minutes and stopped, then tried to restart it, it just kept cranking, trying to start, but wouldn't. I turned ignition key off and tried again and it started right up. No warning lights or messages and it has had new spark plugs, coil packs and new inlet gaskets fitted and is running well apart from the problem with starting. It's done 182,000k's. Anyone had a similar issue?

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
might be a fuel issue before you start , turn the key so the dash board lights come on , you should be able to hear the pump priming , could be blocked injectors or a fuel pump problem .

Silverbird

(Blake)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Station Wagon
Do you have the spare key? If you do, try that and see if it makes any difference. How is your battery and connections? Was this happening before you had the work done?

VZ04SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 A5 IMPULSE BLUE
might be a fuel issue before you start , turn the key so the dash board lights come on , you should be able to hear the pump priming , could be blocked injectors or a fuel pump problem .
I think you're right...I used this liqui moly intake decarb and I'm pretty sure all it did was send all the crap in the intake manifold into the injectors and stuffed them up. That's when I had to replace the plugs and coils. I can hear the fuel pump priming...sounds okay.

Last edited:

VZ04SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 A5 IMPULSE BLUE
Do you have the spare key? If you do, try that and see if it makes any difference. How is your battery and connections? Was this happening before you had the work done?
I do have a spare key...I'll try it tomorrow. The battery's only a few months old and the connections are good. I'm hoping it's nothing to do with electrical or computer stuff. As I mentioned to commodore665, everything started to go wrong after I used that intake manifold cleaner :(

Silverbird

(Blake)
Reaction score
Members Ride
Good suggestion too. Hope it turns out to be a simple fix.

Silverbird

(Blake)
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well then I have my fingers crossed for you. Let us know how you go.

Silverbird

(Blake)
Reaction score
Members Ride
So far so good! Thanks for the update - keep going....good luck