Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

waking up after an operation?

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
I was out of it before I even had to do the counting or had the mask, I'd been given a sedative before hand. Then waking up weirdest feeling ever, started hearing the nurses chattering away but being to out of it still move or talk or anything, really groggy, then started to come out of it asking a bunch of q's about my op oh and I was really hungry afterwards too, but that might have had something to do with not eating for 2 weeks beforehand lol

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I was out of it before I even had to do the counting or had the mask, I'd been given a sedative before hand. Then waking up weirdest feeling ever, started hearing the nurses chattering away but being to out of it still move or talk or anything, really groggy, then started to come out of it asking a bunch of q's about my op oh and I was really hungry afterwards too, but that might have had something to do with not eating for 2 weeks beforehand lol

Nah completely unrelated. LOL.

I woke up straight away, as in no groggyness at all. So it seems that I am alright with general anesthetic. My brother and mum though, oh they were funny.

Oh_Your_Blind

Green means 'Earth'!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY Executive
have you seen the movie i cant remember the name, but they put him under and hes awake and cant move and feels every part of the operation but cant move?
anyway.. its true so watch this movie before you go under
MWOHAHAHAHA

I have had nose op twice, 8 pins, collar bone fixed, appendix, and then 3 other surgeries since then.

Must say its a pretty awesome feeling, it'll be the best quality sleep you'll ever have lol. Just try not to talk when waking up, you can and will say all sort of random crap.

HAHAHAHAHA SOOO TRUE!

i remember waking up, everything was white and heard dads voice and said, "dad, did u remember to bring the cheese from switzerland?!" and then i was out again bahaha.
then when i woke up properly i wanted to run around but the nurse wouldnt let me sit up and i really needed to pee :p haha.

My sister broke her leg on her growth plate. Mum said when she came to she looked at mum and said "Are we Aboriginal?" and kept telling Mum how Black she looked hahahhahaha bare in mind My parents are from England

HoldrodeoLT

I have no lemon pledge...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Holden Rodeo RA LT, 2008 Polaris Hawkeye 300
I remember once having to be put under for an operation on my eardrum..
He asked me to count backwards from 10 and i did.. then again.. started to feel drowsy
halfway through the 3rd time saying it, untill he realised the mask had been leaking onto my eye.. he fixed it. and i slept for all that day and half way through the next.. i think i inhaled abit to much..
All i remember was it was really hard to wake up..

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
lol, good read this thread.

Last time I had an op I was just chatting to a nurse as the put me to sleep, woke up still trying midway through the conversation... but in another room.

Some people do have adverse reactions to going under, the go nuts when they wake up, or are very confused. But most people had no issue.

And you don't dream when you're under. It's not like going to sleep.

Adds_05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L
had a plate and 6 screws out in my hand to put my knuckle back together,i remember counting backwards, 10,9,8....... then i woke up in a different room swearing in pain,nurses wernt very happy with that,gave me some more pain killers,slept for a few more hours,went home slept again then woke up about 1am and could have eaten the crutch out of a horse,i was sooo hungry

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
lol all you girls whinging about the canular in the arm need to harden the f up haha. the worst part for me was having to put up with this chest drain tube and bucket thing, pain in the ass trying to go to the toilet with a hose sticking out your side which is attached to a container and then attached to a long suction hose which is connected to the wall lol

i have a nice pic of the chest tube if anyone is interested lol

matt_06

Reaction score
Members Ride
nothing yet
haha oh the funny memories, Some of the **** I was told I said as i woke up was completely weird.

Apparently I woke up, Told my Little brother to **** off and gave him the finger, then apparently I had A very "possesed" type smile on my face and after that i crashed back to sleep.

I tell you though, my 13 yr old brother wadnt too happy with what i'd done. It was weird though, there was my dad,mum,and my bro but i chose my little bro to this too. All i can ay is thank god i didnt happen to do it to my parents LOL!

6 Hours later I woke up with quite a weird/refreshed, although much more weird then refreshed, feeling which led to uncontrollable swearing.

I hope your experience was as graceful as mine

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
I had a op on my knee about 10 yrs ago, i remember going in & been given the anesthetic, woke up what felt like 10 mins later. Woke up like nothing had happen.

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
When i was 13 or 14, i had an operation on my two, and they put me to sleep did the opp i can't remember this but when i was coming out of it i got really violent against the hospital staff, and was throwing myself around in the bed so they had to strap me down, they gave me another shot, i was taken into a big room with 10 or so people in it, but like lil rooms with blinds on them for each of us, and i was thirsty, and demanded a drink of apple juice the lady gave me like 5 my mum said thats enough, i was like Farck this give me more farking drinks now u stupid >>>> lol not being very nice and then was like i have had enough of this bed im sitting down jumped out landed on my foot started yelling abuse cause it hurt and sat down, then chucked up all the apple juice i just drank lol, Great experience then they wouldn't give me the farking needle again when they took all the stitches out :(