Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wats Quiker VZ SS or XR6 turbo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Andre's SS

Shounak said:
I love my Commodores and I'm also a Holden lover. But I am first and foremost a car lover..

People have joined this site to hear about Commodores, that doesn't mean we can't discuss anything but Commodores. FFS.. The XR6T is a damn fine car and I refuse to accept a stupid point like, "take away the turbo" to try to prove they're ****..

I love my Commodores but I also love my Fords. If you think my post is unreasonable, go to SC. You're going to fit right in there..

They'll probably argue about how a stock VB Commo will kick a worked XR6T's arse..

Ya need to relax a little!

Telling someone to go else where is just uncalled for! "SC" good on ya!

PPl join a club to learn etc!

vh_thunder

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH V8
there's nothing wrong with SC. it has moderators who do their job, and for most part the rest of the forumn stick to car related stuff, not half the bullshit you read on here.

anyway, i can't see why people just wont look at the facts. MOTOR definitely and probably WHEELS (family car mag with poofter writers so i don't buy it) have timed v8 holdens quicker than the xr6t and the gt.

i agree, the debate should be the ss vs. the gt. the gt should be the top car, not a 6 cylinder turbo.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
vh_thunder said:
anyway, i can't see why people just wont look at the facts. MOTOR definitely and probably WHEELS (family car mag with poofter writers so i don't buy it) have timed v8 holdens quicker than the xr6t and the gt.

And yet at the track i am yet to see a stock ss beat a stock XR6T.

Sorry but both those magazines have idiots for drivers who never seem to extract true times.

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
kill -9 said:
And yet at the track i am yet to see a stock ss beat a stock XR6T.

Sorry but both those magazines have idiots for drivers who never seem to extract true times.
now i would have thought your other ride was the better of the two(6ft slim blond)
from memory anyway enjoy your new ride minux

hulkstar

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt series 2 acclaim
kill -9 said:
Your right, your mums astra would beat an XR6T, if the XR6T was being pushed :)

im always c'n xr6t being pushed, or on the back of tow trucks lol. ive been told by my bro who a mech that all xr6t on first service get d-tuned, coz it has so much torque the clutch can't handle it, is that true:w00t:

vztrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec
bangers said:
shouldn't we be comparing the SS to the XR8? or the SV6 to the XR6T?
The SV6 would go up against the XR6 (N/A) as they are a similar car.
The problem with the XR8 is it's not quite up to spec with the SS while the XR6T is.

anton1o

[GMHVN6]
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN 6 Berlina '90
I have no clue on stock for stock racing..

But once you start modifying XR6T will win hands down.. Now this is comming from a loved holden Driver... But the ls1/ls2 hasnt got nothing on what ford is producing with a Basic $2500 package, That puts out 330kw.

True Aussie fair dinkum aussies are not happy, that a 'Little **** box 6cyl with a bloody terbooo' is beating there V8's.. Ford has put the xr6t down to its misery with only 5psi.. Even a 1988 Nissan came out with more..

Ah well hopefully holden can figure out how to give these holdens more power, instead of just getting crate engines from Chev and not building a good car to use them.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
hulkstar said:
im always c'n xr6t being pushed, or on the back of tow trucks lol. ive been told by my bro who a mech that all xr6t on first service get d-tuned, coz it has so much torque the clutch can't handle it, is that true:w00t:

Just like the clutch matched to the LS1's etc, it always fails when pushed..why cant people simply agree that both companies have great cars.

Two many bloody people think one is better than the other, both companies produce great cars, christ, We are the ONLY country left producing rwd performance cars off our lines.

94vrexec

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
'04 xr6 turbo puts out 240kw with about 1700kgs. ss vz ute puts out 250kw with about 1600kgs.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
kill -9 said:
Just like the clutch matched to the LS1's etc, it always fails when pushed..why cant people simply agree that both companies have great cars.

Two many bloody people think one is better than the other, both companies produce great cars, christ, We are the ONLY country left producing rwd performance cars off our lines.
Exactly..

Just because this is a dedicated Commodore forum does not mean that all Fords have to be thought of as ****..

Status
Not open for further replies.