Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wats Quiker VZ SS or XR6 turbo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vztrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec
anton1o said:
True Aussie fair dinkum aussies are not happy, that a 'Little **** box 6cyl with a bloody terbooo' is beating there V8's.. Ford has put the xr6t down to its misery with only 5psi..

Can I ask why a "fair dinkum aussie" would be disappointed by this when the I6 is an Aussie built and designed motor. Unlike the LS1/2 which have been changed but arent anywhere near as "Aussie" as the I6 is. It's good that Ford are keeping and developing this motor when they could so easily import a V6 from the states and put it in the Falcon.

VYSS346

Reaction score
Website
vhheaven.bravehost.com
Members Ride
VYSS 5.7 M6
Comes down to it.. XR6T vs SS, stock theyd be a pretty close match.. though do some mods on both and it'd be more left up to the driver and or $$ spent on it.. comes down to wether you like the compact ridgedy of the commodore or the smooth floating still fast ride of the Falcon..

Personally I'm with the VY SS all the way :D have spent under $1600 on her since buying it for $28500.. and shes now somewhere between 300 - 330kw's atfw.. :). I do prefer the Chev V8 over the I6 Turbo.. hell if i wanted both id wack on a GenTT turbo kitt for the LS1 :D hello 450kw's!

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
sorry little of topic but do you guys seriously not like the look of the VE?? i think the "BMWesk" styling makes it look quite classy. the rear leaves a little to be desired but the front and sides of the car are nice. it mite not look like the traditional commodores but i perosnaly think the last of the true commodore chape was the VS. just my 2 cents. but yeh.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
96vscommodore said:
sorry little of topic but do you guys seriously not like the look of the VE?? i think the "BMWesk" styling makes it look quite classy. the rear leaves a little to be desired but the front and sides of the car are nice. it mite not look like the traditional commodores but i perosnaly think the last of the true commodore chape was the VS. just my 2 cents. but yeh.

The front and back look like a variation of a falcon....

I personally dislike the VE, first commo i have ever disliked on release. It looks worse in real life then it does in pics :) just my 2 cents

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
kill -9 said:
The front and back look like a variation of a falcon....

I personally dislike the VE, first commo i have ever disliked on release. It looks worse in real life then it does in pics :) just my 2 cents

fairnuff. each 2 there own i say.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I have to laugh at this...

And people wonder why holden drivers have a bad name. It is morons like this that give us this bad name

Reputation comment left by *****

your a ****en tosser witha shitbox ford, grow up wanker or get off this forum, BAN ALL FORD DRIVERS, if i see u on the street id shoot u ****en gay ****

Pretender

Brain function fading .
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajero LWB Wagon, Power/economy what's that ???
Troubled preteen perhaps?

State'O ReBeL

HSV - i just bought one
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual vs clubby
big_stretch said:
yeah what would u prefer...a juice guzzling 6 turbo, that was only made to appeal to people that like badges that say "turbo"...or a high torque V8 that is reasonably good on fuel, and at least u can say 'its a V8'...i know what id prefer...

not to preach about eh wrong car, but the xr6 turbo's r better with fuel ecconomy, below 2500-3000 rpm the turbo isnt on boost, so really its only a 6cyl

as for the race, im not sure, i havnt driven either

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
kill -9 said:
I have to laugh at this...

And people wonder why holden drivers have a bad name. It is morons like this that give us this bad name

Reputation comment left by *****

id rather ban the ignorant closed minded 15 year olds before we ban the ford drivers

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
State'O ReBeL said:
not to preach about eh wrong car, but the xr6 turbo's r better with fuel ecconomy, below 2500-3000 rpm the turbo isnt on boost, so really its only a 6cyl

as for the race, im not sure, i havnt driven either

yeah exactly right about the no boost, not to mention highway driving your only boosting when you go to overtake, usually your in a small gear and your foots hardly on the accelerator.

Status
Not open for further replies.