Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

well this sucks

Vc4.7v8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC V8/VF SS sportswagon
I think they will fix it my brother in law was in a similar accident back was like yours spare wheel area was pushed in and the front guard had hit the drivers door they fixed with plenty to go before they would right it off and that was a 2013 vf if they do fix it make sure you go over it when you get it back

vy_berlina03

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6 Storm
I had a hit and run a ******** went straight through a roundabout in a stolen car and I was left with a damaged drivers door and a excess.

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY 17 SSV SOAG Redline
sitting at the lights bloke behind me "accidentally put foot on clutch instead of brake" ie was on the phone. Slammed in to me at full speed pushing me in to the car in front as well. Hoping it has done serious damage underneath and get a write off.
I'm so sorry to see this mate... I would not be very happy...

Was the bloke on his phone? Were police called the accident. If so and, he was onthe phone he should be in deep ****..police can take as part of the investigation and can time stamp everything...

Note that I do not advocate the following...
Apparently heard one day that if you want to make sure the car is written off, complain of severe neck pain with numbness. Apparently they have to take the roof off the car to get you out - automatic write off..

Had a bloke rear end mrs hobbit at a roundabout a few years back.. ****** wasn't paying attention... had looked right and seen a bloke with the indicator on as if exiting, so he took on faith and gunned it. We were at a standstill.. I have always told the mrs not to trust any other prick on the road.. wait till theyare committed to the turn...

Anyway, insurance came back and his insurance mob were playing hardball, tried to get us to pay for half the damages despite taking it in the ass..
Reason being it was half our fault... if we hadn't have been there it wouldn't have happened... needless to say that a strongly written letter to my solicitor to pass on to the other clown's solicitor got that thinking taken out of the equation...

Anyway, hope you have the opportunity to go after this prick and get everything you can out of him.
I would be in tears... almost am feeling sorry for your predicament :(

H

theott

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf2 ssv redline
So had a look at the car today. It has creased the left hand rear in 2 places. The panel beater said they will have to cut out that section and weld in a new part. I pretty much said no chance is my car getting a cut and shut. So he said he will quote on whole side replacement and likely bend in chassis on the left side. My big hope is that my insurance company is handling it but not paying the bill. So hope they will push for me. Or they will learn what a difficult customer is lol

Paulie81

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII Prussian Steel SS-V Redline Manual
A Kenworth B Double (I'm not joking). both waiting to turn right at traffic lights truck took the corner too tight.
Exactly same think happened to me back in 2002. Had my brand new S15 200sx and the whole side of the car got swiped. Devistated

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
How do these fuckwits actually pass a driving test?
Now, I don't really blame these idiots for driving around on the roads, I blame the wankers who are handing out the driving licences. The last time I checked, the roads authorities were government bodies, so the blame must be levelled at the boss, the Prime Minister.
Another thing to consider though, these people who are everywhere on our roads, are now the lowest common denominator. This means that the government is guaranteed to raise revenue from them being ******* hopeless drivers and breaking the road rules. It also gives the government a reason to continue eroding the road rules to cater for these clowns (in the name of safety of course), causing grief for other road users who do the right thing.

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
The last time I checked, the roads authorities were government bodies, so the blame must be levelled at the boss, the Prime Minister.

Roads authorities are State Govt bodies, not Federal. That is why there are no national road rules, licenses, registrations (except for some trucks) etc

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
That is a classic. That's the problem on our roads. People cannot drive.

Plonker

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SSV Redline Ute & 2016 SSV Redline Sedan
Pure stupidity yesterday, guy stopped looked at me directly then pulled out anyway!