Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

well this sucks

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Er, not quite so in relation to road rules. This is a quote from the website of the Federal Dept of Infrastructure and Regional Development:

"The Australian Road Rules were implemented in 1999 and have been regularly updated since then. Each state and territory adopts the Australian Road Rules in its own legislation. With minor exceptions, the Australian Road Rules are applied consistently in each state and territory.

The National Transport Commission is responsible for the regular ‘maintenance’ of the Australian Road Rules to ensure they are up to date. This is undertaken in cooperation with State and Territory road transport and law enforcement authorities and the Commonwealth Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development. The process also includes extensive public consultation. For more information on the Australian Road Rules, visit the website of the National Transport Commission or contact your state or territory transport authority."

Each State and Territory is responsible for the arterial roads within its borders, but the Feds provide the majority of the money for national highways and major projects, so have a big say in what gets built.

With regards to licences and registrations, they are all on a national database which police and other authorities can access, so there's no escape if you offend outside your home State.

Er, dgp was blaming the PM for idiots being issued with driver's licences.

Given driver's licenses are issued by state authorities, the direction of blame is false. A national database has no bearing on how and when licenses are issued.

"Minor exceptions" is a pretty broad/loose term. Without comparing all of the statutes, as far as I am aware there are numerous differences/exceptions across states. Whether it be vehicle registration requirements such as the need for roadworthy cetificates and the frequency of same, the age at which a driver's license can be obtained, the restrictions applied to p platers (including engine type/capacity) or even the setting of speed limits and the margin over which one gets penalised just to name a few.

I am also not sure how the responsibility for and the source of funding to build particular types of roads is relevant to the original point.

theott

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf2 ssv redline
Bit of an update
So the quote has been done and with some back and forth between me and the initial assessor then his boss I am 6 k short of a write off. Repairs coming in at 24,000 salvage value 28,000 giving a total of 52,000. They say market value is 58,000
I am still fighting tooth and nail but not liking my chances now. So bloody close!!! If only the diff was damaged or something might have gotten me closer :(:(:(:(

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
That's a bugger

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Anything else you can think of? All new parts of course. A full paint corection to ensure a consistent surface finish. New seat mounts, seat belts? pretensioners?
I'd even offer to pay the gap.

theott

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf2 ssv redline
Anything else you can think of? All new parts of course. A full paint corection to ensure a consistent surface finish. New seat mounts, seat belts? pretensioners?
I'd even offer to pay the gap.
i do have the advantage of being the company that would do the mechanical work(rear subframe,exhaust,wheel alignment) so I will bring it to my workshop tomorrow and go over it in my workshop and just pray find something there. I would love to do that but siply don't have 6k difference to pay it

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
i do have the advantage of being the company that would do the mechanical work(rear subframe,exhaust,wheel alignment) so I will bring it to my workshop tomorrow and go over it in my workshop and just pray find something there. I would love to do that but siply don't have 6k difference to pay it
Plenty of empathy for you on here. But, that won't buy you a cup of coffee. Good luck with it mate.

theott

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf2 ssv redline
Well thank you all for the kind words and support. I can tell you my car has officially been written off. Quotes for the new one are being done up at this stage. Because i want factory fitted hf20 wheels i am being told it could be august or September before i see the car but i would rater that than being unhappy with the repair for the rest of my time with the car. And now i will get a very close to end date redline!!!

I was told the fact i was a mechainc heavily weighed on thei decision as they knew i would be super picky with any future issues. Also the market price i recieved helped as it was closer to the write off value.

What is the go wiht the chrome highlights. i like them are they still a no cost option?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
That's good news theott, but what do you do for wheels in the meantime ?

theott

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf2 ssv redline
If i wanted to be a bastard i would keep the hire car the other guys insurance is paying for but alas i am not that mean. I have a lovely nissan navara d22 i kept for towing purposes so i will unfortunately get back in to it for a coupe months

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Great result theott! You will now have a nice new MY17 for the price of an MY16.
Well worth the slight inconvenience!
Just curious, what would you have done if this happened in 2018 when no more VF's are available? I take it you wouldn't accept an NG lol.