Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

well this sucks

theott

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf2 ssv redline
Great result theott! You will now have a nice new MY17 for the price of an MY16.
Well worth the slight inconvenience!
Just curious, what would you have done if this happened in 2018 when no more VF's are available? I take it you wouldn't accept an NG lol.
if it happened then I might have to look at a kia stinger:D:D:D (or shoot myself in the face) or accept the repair job and be happy. but yeah pretty stoaked about the whole my17 thing. First quotes I have seen provided for the insurance company are 66k with the 5 year wty. 10k more than I paid!!!

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
Great result theott! You will now have a nice new MY17 for the price of an MY16.
Well worth the slight inconvenience!
Just curious, what would you have done if this happened in 2018 when no more VF's are available? I take it you wouldn't accept an NG lol.
"If it happened in 2018" is surely the fear that we all face. The 3yr replacement clause in my Holden insurance is no longer any consolation.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
If i wanted to be a bastard i would keep the hire car the other guys insurance is paying for but alas i am not that mean. I have a lovely nissan navara d22 i kept for towing purposes so i will unfortunately get back in to it for a coupe months

I don't think that is mean or a bastard act.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Note that I do not advocate the following...
Apparently heard one day that if you want to make sure the car is written off, complain of severe neck pain with numbness. Apparently they have to take the roof off the car to get you out - automatic write off..

H

Fair call not to advocate this sort of thing and it would be a better call not to even make any sort of suggestions on an open forum about it....

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
A Kenworth B Double (I'm not joking). both waiting to turn right at traffic lights truck took the corner too tight.

Have you ever driven a truck? Are you aware how much room they actually need to negioate a corner?

Whilst it seems I'm having a dig at you, I'm not....It is a pity you were involved in a car accident but unfortunately a lot of people don't understand that a semi needs to have a wide birth to get around a corner

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
If i wanted to be a bastard i would keep the hire car the other guys insurance is paying for but alas i am not that mean. I have a lovely nissan navara d22 i kept for towing purposes so i will unfortunately get back in to it for a coupe months

Personally I don't see it as a bastard act or even mean.....You pay for this with your premiums anyways......

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
A Kenworth B Double (I'm not joking). both waiting to turn right at traffic lights truck took the corner too tight.
Or, you failed to follow the road rules. Hate people like you who have no idea how to drive and inconvenience and put other people at risk. Hand in your license and stay off the road.

theott

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf2 ssv redline
Personally I don't see it as a bastard act or even mean.....You pay for this with your premiums anyways......
yeah they were probably strong words lol. But I actually don't have hire car option on my insurance. This car is being paid for by his insurance company. the company that supplied it are called compass cars and only supply cars to not at fault drivers. I will have my navara back after Easter anyway so will just use that from then.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
How are things progressing for you theott?

Yet another reminder on the news tonight of what we share the road with. An SUV clips the back corner of what appears to be some sort of mini cabriolet. SUV rolls off the road to the right, mini goes to the left & the guy with the dashcam seemed unscathed as he somehow managed his 4WD between the two.

Totally unnecessary as it was at least a 3 lane highway so speed limit would most likely be 100 but all this happened in the right hand lane - from the footage it seems the mini all of a sudden was almost to a stop with the left indicator on as if it was a split decision of "oh, I don't want to be in this lane so I'll just wait here for a gap in the centre lane" (unless the thing broke down & was coming to a stop but I somehow doubt it).

DRIVE SAFE guys & gals over Easter and don't sit too close behind those ungamely SUVs - even if you trust that driver, you just don't know what the idiot in front of him is going to do!

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
Er, dgp was blaming the PM for idiots being issued with driver's licences.

Given driver's licenses are issued by state authorities, the direction of blame is false. A national database has no bearing on how and when licenses are issued.

"Minor exceptions" is a pretty broad/loose term. Without comparing all of the statutes, as far as I am aware there are numerous differences/exceptions across states. Whether it be vehicle registration requirements such as the need for roadworthy cetificates and the frequency of same, the age at which a driver's license can be obtained, the restrictions applied to p platers (including engine type/capacity) or even the setting of speed limits and the margin over which one gets penalised just to name a few.

I am also not sure how the responsibility for and the source of funding to build particular types of roads is relevant to the original point.

Just to clarify, I was not commenting on the OP's opinions. I was in fact replying to your statement: "Roads authorities are State Govt bodies, not Federal. That is why there are no national road rules, licenses, registrations (except for some trucks) etc."

This statement is patently incorrect (regarding National Road Rules) as there have been National Road Rules since 1999.

Last edited: