Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get for your vf series 2????

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
What are people paying for SSVR MY17's? taken in the last two months or so?
Any SSVR MY16's still going?
The second hand market for these cars are pushing me towards new... lol.
Calais V V8 is still amazing value 2nd hand. Not holding it's price as well as the redline.

I paid $61990 drive away for an auto, ordered in December, delivered 1st of March. I wasn't exactly thrilled with the price at the time of ordering, but with some of the prices being thrown about lately, I now realise that it was the best decision I ever made pulling the trigger early instead of waiting.

rossimo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s2 wagon
Calais V V8 is still amazing value 2nd hand. Not holding it's price as well as the redline.
My17 heron white manual redline ute no accessories 57k da. Edit- ordered late jan from memory and told early april delivery.

Dirty Harry

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY17 Series 2 Redline - Red Hot

I got a few motorbuys quotes today for a leased red hot manual. They ranged from 58.5k for a MY16 through to 68k for a MY17. I had 11 quotes all up.

It is interesting looking at the quotes and how some dealers break them down. Some dealers added $500 for paint (even though it is a standard colour), and others had dealer delivery costs of between $300 and $2500.

anyway, hopefully my lease company comes back with something better tomorrow.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Just seen a guy on facebook advertising a 16 VF SS in phantom with manual with 11k for 47K

I bought mine for 44500K on road? WTF

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY 17 SSV SOAG Redline
I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago... Late June delivery.

MY17 SSV Redline - Manual
Son of a Gun Grey
Bonnet protector
Headlight protectors
Boot moulded luggage liner
Boot lip protector
Redline sill plates
Pollen filter
Lock nuts
Additional 36 months it 100,000 Kms (from new) warranty

$56,970 drive away (leased)

I sourced by doing a motorbuys quote... only dealer that came back actually offering a 'dealer' discount and not charging an arm and a leg for dealer delivery.

DH - double checked and that was the all inclusive price.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago... Late June delivery.

MY17 SSV Redline - Manual
Son of a Gun Grey
Bonnet protector
Headlight protectors
Boot moulded luggage liner
Boot lip protector
Redline sill plates
Pollen filter
Lock nuts
Additional 36 months it 100,000 Kms (from new) warranty

$56,970 drive away (leased)

I sourced by doing a motorbuys quote... only dealer that came back actually offering a 'dealer' discount and not charging an arm and a leg for dealer delivery.

DH - double checked and that was the all inclusive price.
Cheers for sharing Hobbitus. I'm about to contact a couple of lease companies over a MY17 SS Sportwagon. From your post are you implying you only went with the motorbuys quote & didn't have the lease companies get quotes for you? or did they get you quotes that you bettered through motorbuys? (Will be first time lease for me so I'm wondering which is the best way to go)

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY 17 SSV SOAG Redline
Cheers for sharing Hobbitus. I'm about to contact a couple of lease companies over a MY17 SS Sportwagon. From your post are you implying you only went with the motorbuys quote & didn't have the lease companies get quotes for you? or did they get you quotes that you bettered through motorbuys? (Will be first time lease for me so I'm wondering which is the best way to go)
I had originally walked in off the street to one of the 2 local dealers... best I could get was $62.5k with what I wanted...

I am in a weird situation... my company has just merged with a larger one, so I decided to get down the path of sorting a lease...

While they were going to their 'preferred' dealer network I punched in a motorbuys quote. 24!hours later I had about 9 quotes over all states except NT & WA. Prices ranged from $58.2k ( one I ended up with) to $71k in Victoria... so I accapeted the $58.2.. not there is no commitment.. once you 'accept' it purges other quotes and transfers details. Your sto dealer and dealer to you... you can then get a conversation started...

Initially my lease cam bac from their preferred dealer st $70k drive away... I told them they were kidding... "...don't you guys get fleet discounts and have better buying power??"

Needless to say I supplied the quote.. was a bit difficult to begin with as that dealer wasn't on their system and, to keep people happy, they generally tend to stick with their main suppliers... I argued the point and they acquiesced to arrange a purchase with my dealer...

My first time leasing as well...unless you se Stephen Hawkins you will struggle to understand how it all works immediately....

My suggestion would be to push your leasing agent to strong arm the best deal they can out of their preferred network... if that fails push your selected motorbuys quote...

With the market the way it is, with dealers not willing to budge and inch, I was amazed that the dealer I actually went with had a dealer discount applied... considering there are no factory discounts at all it wasn't like they were just passing on a discount...

Lesson is a good option then as it drops the GST and is taken(majority) out of pre tax pay... so effectively lowers your taxable income..

H

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
I had originally walked in off the street to one of the 2 local dealers... best I could get was $62.5k with what I wanted...

I am in a weird situation... my company has just merged with a larger one, so I decided to get down the path of sorting a lease...

While they were going to their 'preferred' dealer network I punched in a motorbuys quote. 24!hours later I had about 9 quotes over all states except NT & WA. Prices ranged from $58.2k ( one I ended up with) to $71k in Victoria... so I accapeted the $58.2.. not there is no commitment.. once you 'accept' it purges other quotes and transfers details. Your sto dealer and dealer to you... you can then get a conversation started...

Initially my lease cam bac from their preferred dealer st $70k drive away... I told them they were kidding... "...don't you guys get fleet discounts and have better buying power??"

Needless to say I supplied the quote.. was a bit difficult to begin with as that dealer wasn't on their system and, to keep people happy, they generally tend to stick with their main suppliers... I argued the point and they acquiesced to arrange a purchase with my dealer...

My first time leasing as well...unless you se Stephen Hawkins you will struggle to understand how it all works immediately....

My suggestion would be to push your leasing agent to strong arm the best deal they can out of their preferred network... if that fails push your selected motorbuys quote...

With the market the way it is, with dealers not willing to budge and inch, I was amazed that the dealer I actually went with had a dealer discount applied... considering there are no factory discounts at all it wasn't like they were just passing on a discount...

Lesson is a good option then as it drops the GST and is taken(majority) out of pre tax pay... so effectively lowers your taxable income..

H
Gee that's pretty crook that the leasing co couldn't do better than $70k!? Is that even without the GST do you mean??
When I spoke to the salary sacrificing mob I am with (QLD Govt) some time back before I was actually thinking of a car, they said they had to provide me with about 6 different recommended firms which he duly emailed their websites in a table to me. Apparently they can't push their own without providing this info. The advice is to then get quotes from at least two of these, so at least they are forced to play fair in that regard. But I'm thinking gee, if I can't get something a few $k cheaper without me having to a lot of hunting around then something is wrong. I'm convinced with the way things are I would have buckleys getting any sort of discount myself on a V8 wagon.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6