Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do in the shed or garage today

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Went in there and did some exercise after having just been on a 20-kilometre bike ride.
Well I have to do something to get rid of the four kilos I gained through drinking 135 pints of Guinness during my UK trip.:)

Reactions: Lex

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Over the last few days I have sold a few things, on Marketplace and bought a few things online, all for jobs to be done on the shed (nothing from Marketplace) but I did add a few things to my watchlist on MP.
Put a few dollars aside for your health perhaps? #cpap

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Not in the workshop, but spent yesterday fencing a horse paddock at my daughter's property.

• Sad
Reactions: Lex

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Put a few dollars aside for your health perhaps? #cpap
Haha, yes. But at around $2.5k, $150 of Marketplace sales won't even scratch the surface. But yes I am onto it. Although CPAP is only going to help 40% of my problems. Stress is my biggest issue keeping me awake at night. I actually sleep a lot better on weekends and days off work. I only got maybe 4hrs last night and it was primarily due to stress.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Haha, yes. But at around $2.5k, $150 of Marketplace sales won't even scratch the surface. But yes I am onto it. Although CPAP is only going to help 40% of my problems. Stress is my biggest issue keeping me awake at night. I actually sleep a lot better on weekends and days off work. I only got maybe 4hrs last night and it was primarily due to stress.
I can’t help on the stress part as that’s my biggest sleep issue as well

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon

Sell $150 worth of stuff each week and you’ll have your CPAP in 4 months.

I suspect that it might be something that could improve your life. If you get good and restful sleep, you’ll probably find yourself functioning better during the day. And, who knows, you might also pick up some other health benefits once you get the sleep issues sorted?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Sell $150 worth of stuff each week and you’ll have your CPAP in 4 months.

I suspect that it might be something that could improve your life. If you get good and restful sleep, you’ll probably find yourself functioning better during the day. And, who knows, you might also pick up some other health benefits once you get the sleep issues sorted?
Maybe, but my sleep has been terrible for close on 40 years. I'm doubtful I had sleep apnea in my teens.

Plus I'm running out of things to sell. And also as I don't really have any friends. The thing that helps my mental health the most is spending time working in the shed on projects. Without that my mental health would deteriorate no matter how much sleep I get. While getting better sleep would help, leaving my job and working in a servo selling petrol and drinks would have greater benefits than a machine will. After nearly 25 years in community services I have reached a point where I am feeling compassion fatigue. The solution is to get out of community services altogether, which I hope to in the next two years.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
And also as I don't really have any friends. The thing that helps my mental health the most is spending time working in the shed on projects.

You have many friends here on this forum. We mightn’t be physically present in your everyday life, but we are all with you virtually helping you out with your various projects. :)